PDA

View Full Version : My Pre-reg!

Maritte16
04-07-2012, 03:33 PM
The lady from Ofsted just left. I want to thank you this site as it helps me a lot what to prepare in details.

She asked me About documents I have which I thought they don't really need to see this on Pre reg visit. But luckily I've done my portfolio which some are print out and some are hand written, as my lovely printer just run out of ink when you needed it most! I don't hav all of them.

Documents I dont have:
1. Parent's consent form for outings, going to park
2. Form for parents to sign for you to administer medication
3. Incident/accident forms
4. Policies & Procedure - I've hand written them, I just don't know where they are, on my paperworks.

She told me don't worry, as long as I'm aware.

I explained to her that I Am aware about them, just don't have chance to print out. She also explained to me it will be for my own good to take a safeguarding course before I start minding any child. Which is I'm happy to do. She reckon I can register by Autumn. I wish I can start this month.

Now it's a waiting game for crb & certificate then I can go ahead.

Good luck to all of you who awaiting Pre reg. I'm happy to share my experiences today, just let me know if you got any question.

XXX

sarah707
04-07-2012, 06:03 PM
It sounds like you had a positive visit! Well done! :clapping:

Maritte16
06-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Thanks Sarah! Glad everything went ok. I can breath for now. It's just this waiting game. My other referee hasn't even seen letter from Ofsted, so they have to send it tru email on Monday! Arrrrrggghhhh....

Started to put my service to different website about my childminding businessness. So far, no luck. :panic: is this normal? I thought a lot of families are looking for childminder in my are (Southend on sea). It's hard than I thought.