PDA

View Full Version : Daily Diary

johanna77
03-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Hi there,

Just wondering what other minders do regarding Daily Diaries. I have two full timers under the EYFS, one mum is fab at communicating back and goes through every area of what her child has done, throught the night, weekend etc. My other mum, is not that good at communicating back and I was thinking if a text was ok to communicate through the day, or email weekly. I always say verbally what they have been doing, eaten, nappies etc, just wondered if Ofsted would pick me up with this type of communiation. I was thinking of sending a questionnaire out for feedback from the parents.

Thanks for any input, this site helps me sooo much

Jo.:)

sarah707
03-07-2012, 06:32 PM
Ask the parents what type of feedback they prefer and follow their wishes!

I have a few who love the diary... but some who say they don't read it and I am wasting my time so I now give them doorstep feedback and write anything they need to read.

Hth :D

VeggieSausage
03-07-2012, 06:39 PM
I do a written online diary for all children in EYFS....some are interested some are not......but I do it

loocyloo
03-07-2012, 06:45 PM
i do a written daily diary for all my EY children ( 3 or 4 each day ) and most parents are interested in them and some write messages/comments in them. ( i have a couple where someone other than mum or dad drop off/pick up ) i stress to all parents, that they are a working document for the child. we can share information, but they are important for me to see what we have done/how a child reacted to a certain activity/food etc.

miffy
03-07-2012, 09:10 PM
I started to do daily diaries for all EYFS children but some parents said they didn't want them so now do verbal feedback for them, others I send diary by e-mail at end of the week and parents email back with their comments.

Miffy xx