PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork we need to keep

slkeating21
03-07-2012, 09:04 AM
Right I know I'm a pain for asking this as I'm sure its been asked before, but ......

Am i right in thinking the paperwork we need to keep when a child leaves your care is - their register, Accident forms, Medication forms, contracts and child info forms

Have i missed something???

So the paperwork I can send home with them when they leave is their diaries, photos, observations???

Do Ofsted not ask to look at your old files of the children that have left your care when they come to do your inspection?

Sorry, I ask loads of questions but until its stuck in my head I tend to worry myself :blush:

rickysmiths
03-07-2012, 09:24 AM
You give the child their LJ and developmental records when they leave. I give them a disc with all their photos on as well.

You have to keep any accident/incident reports until the child is 21yr old because when they reach 18yrs old they have three years to make a claim against you themselves.

It therefore makes sense to also keep their Contract and any correspondence, their attendance record, and some photos so you know who they are! Sometimes I keep a copy of the LJ as well. I put all this info in a box in the loft.

Ofsted will not ask to see the records of a child who has left.

They usually aren't interested in any LJ other than the ones for the children who are with you on the day of the Inspection.

Ofsted have no right to see you Contracts, they are nothing to do with Ofsted and I always take them out of my folders along with any financial or personal info before an inspection.

childminder54
03-07-2012, 09:37 AM
I'm sure they asked to see my contracts but I took out my charges. I think they like to see what days they are coming cannot quite remeber

rickysmiths
03-07-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm sure they asked to see my contracts but I took out my charges. I think they like to see what days they are coming cannot quite remeber

I record that in the front of my NCMA Attendance Register along with addresses, contact numbers and doctors info. One reason I like the NCMA one.

There is no way I would show them my Contracts and anyway on mine the days they attend is right next to the amount of the fees so it is none of Ofsteds business.

slkeating21
03-07-2012, 09:42 AM
:) Thank you, you have been very helpful :)