PDA

View Full Version : contracts for temp child/occasional care

xshellbellex
02-07-2012, 08:20 AM
hi all

i will be looking after a 2 year old for 2 afternoons next week and possibly an occasional day during the school summer holidays.

Would i need to do a contract for this to be legally covered or can i just do child record forms and payment up front. Seems silly to do all the paperwork and making parents reading policies and proceedures for such a small amount of childcare and for dates they don't know when i will be needed yet.

Expecting ofsted anytime so want to make sure paperwork is correct

Kiddleywinks
02-07-2012, 08:30 AM
IMO, parents should have a copy of the policies and procedures as this outlines how I run my business, whether that's for an hour, a couple of days, or the odd day spread over a year, then, should a parent try abusing their position - sending an ill child for example, they can't say they didn't know :rolleyes:

I'm with MM, so have made up my own ad hoc/temp care contract for these exact instances, and have worded it so that they are aware that my P&P's form part of the contract, as I object to using the forms for a one off or occasional child.

BucksCM
02-07-2012, 08:37 AM
I don't do a contract for such a short time...but I do do the record forms, permission forms and give them policies that relate to the permissions that I've asked them to sign(as they mention "as per my policy").
I always make the parents aware that I have a folder with all my p&p and they are more than welcome to take it and read through them...but if it's just a few days care they normally decline the offer!

loocyloo
02-07-2012, 10:53 AM
i have several ad hoc/occaisonal children on my books. each time we fill out & sign a temp contract with childs details, address, contact and emergency contact details, doctor. plus a permission for going in my car/seeking medical treatment.

all parents have also had a copy of my policies/proceedures and have signed to say so, and full permission slip, and all about me forms. these are filed and i add the temp. contract each time it is used.

mrs robbie williams
02-07-2012, 11:13 AM
i do the same as loocyloo :thumbsup:

xshellbellex
02-07-2012, 11:30 AM
do you just type up your own temp contract or use the NCMA temp contracts?

rickysmiths
02-07-2012, 11:36 AM
I would do a full contract because the short term one is only valid for 30 days. (NCMA one).

I do a contract to protect myself and if I am asking my parents to sign to agree to my policies then I think it is essential that they get a copy. You should also give them a copy of your Inspection Report. It is a lot of paperwork but really you do cover it in the income you get and it shows you are professional and protects you which you need to do with any parent you take on.

Maybe you could apply a £20 one off non returnable admin fee for short term contracts like this to cover the cost and time of doing the paperwork?

xshellbellex
02-07-2012, 11:47 AM
thanks all

yes it is a pain having to do all the paperwork for such a small income from it. I think i will do full contract. would rather cover myself I think, especially since ofsted might come knocking anytime

melco
02-07-2012, 01:38 PM
I have a little boy that I have for 2 days a week until they break up for the holidays and his mum has asked if I can have him in the holidays. I have stated this in my contract that I may be needed in the holidays but i require 48 hours notice.

I hope this is right, please let me know if I am wrong.

Thanks

lorettacritchet
02-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Rickysmiths, how would you go about stating hours/days etc on the contract then? I have the NCMA contract and find I can only ever put down the shift "minimum hours per week" or complete the table...and if it's casual then its awkward?

I would do a full contract because the short term one is only valid for 30 days. (NCMA one).

I do a contract to protect myself and if I am asking my parents to sign to agree to my policies then I think it is essential that they get a copy. You should also give them a copy of your Inspection Report. It is a lot of paperwork but really you do cover it in the income you get and it shows you are professional and protects you which you need to do with any parent you take on.

Maybe you could apply a £20 one off non returnable admin fee for short term contracts like this to cover the cost and time of doing the paperwork?