PDA

View Full Version : For those using online systems - a quickie!

Boris
30-06-2012, 06:11 PM
I have been using ********* for quite a while now. When I started using it I stopped all paper stuff so no LJ. Just a folder for childrens work. All obs and planning etc is on computer. So what I am wondering is, do you still do a LJ for your LO's or not? I am kind of missing it. I had a look through the old ones last week and I think if I was a parent I would like something like that to take with me when my child leaves. I don't know whether to start them up again or if that would be making myself work. No parents have mentioned this but I have one child leaving next month and I'm getting a bit anxious about not having anything to give the parents, apart from some pictures!!

green4lynn
30-06-2012, 07:08 PM
Hi,
I use (used!) Nobleminder and printed off the obs to put in the LJ's, so I still have a folder for each child with photo's, obs, artwork etc. I love looking through them too, and think they are a lovely momento of the childrens time with you!
I'd do a paper one as well as the online one, if I were you!

Lynn x

VeggieSausage
30-06-2012, 07:18 PM
I use ********* and still have a learning journey folder, put artwork and so an assessment and planning sheet every quarter to give to parents. I also print off the progress section for each child and put it in there - don't reprint every time but once a year to update so it can be seen on paper.

Boris
02-07-2012, 09:24 AM
Thanks, I think I will bring back the old folders. I never thought would miss them! I'll get printing! xx