PDA

View Full Version : Does it matter that i don't have an observation for every single criteria met?

Minstrel
28-06-2012, 12:30 PM
I have reasonably full learning journals for the 4 EYFS children I care for but I don't have an observation for every single thing they have ever achieved. Some of the criteria in their development stages are 'met' but do I really have to 'prove' I've seen every single one?

I'd appreciate you thoughts and experiences.

loocyloo
28-06-2012, 12:41 PM
i don't have a photo or comment for every thing they do/have achieved. i try and make sure i have covered every section within the 6 areas, but i don't worry about each criteria. i have 7 EY, i think i'd go spare!

i'm trying to take less photos... but its hard!!!

my DO said to just have an ab/photo if they are doing/achieved something they haven't done before!

AgentTink
28-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Dont forget that the parents can also tell us if the children can do any of the things. I every 3 months or so send home a copy of the EYFS Charts and ask parents to let me know of anything that their child does at home and they are confident that they have embedded the skill. I then just note these in the learning Journey as support documents.

oxfordshirecm
28-06-2012, 02:49 PM
I have been doing the same as tink. I have my first graded inspection next week so I will let you know if it's right or not. I really hope so, my fingers are crossed.

Ballette
16-07-2012, 01:51 PM
I have been doing the same as tink. I have my first graded inspection next week so I will let you know if it's right or not. I really hope so, my fingers are crossed.

Did you get any feedback from your inspection on your observations?

oxfordshirecm
16-07-2012, 03:19 PM
I was awarded a good grade so it must of been fine :) she looked at my lj's and was mpressed with them so far. All she said was to simplify the pages to get it onto one page when I do my obs ect which I think was more her personally pref than anything else.

Bluebell
17-07-2012, 10:27 AM
sorry - posted in wrong place!