PDA

View Full Version : Storm

teacake2
28-06-2012, 10:01 AM
I live just north of burton on trent and we are in the middle of a tremendous thunder and lightning storm, it has been going on for more than 15 mins, my back garden is flooded and a couple of minutes ago you couldn't see anything it was raining so heavily. The thunder and lightening seems to be moving away now thank goodness:eek::eek::eek:
Teacake2

BuggsieMoo
28-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Its just hit Gloucester!

Bridey
28-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Hmm, I don't think I will plant my seedlings today then! I hope we get here down south when the children are back from school - I love a bit of drama and hysteria!

Mouse
28-06-2012, 10:08 AM
It's heading this way...aarrrggghhhhh!!!

sarah707
28-06-2012, 10:13 AM
I think it's starting here as well ... :panic:

jumping j
28-06-2012, 10:14 AM
just got rain here, just as we are about to head out to see the olympic torch :angry:

Mouse
28-06-2012, 10:17 AM
It's here :eek::eek:

I've had text messages from hubby & my sons to check I'm OK. They know I hate it!

The Juggler
28-06-2012, 10:20 AM
we had it really dark this morning here - thought we were in for the same but now its 29 degrees and sun is out - I'm hiding in the lounge where it's cool doing my paperwork

rickysmiths
28-06-2012, 10:35 AM
We need it down here it is so sticky and about 28 degrees.

justdaz
28-06-2012, 10:45 AM
We had this about 10am, I was on way with mindees and 2 dogs to local farm for a ramble.
We got stuck!! Couldn't see to drive. 3 year olds excitement quickly turned to panic. As it slowly moved over I could just about see enough to turn around to get home. It was difficult to see where the road was as to the footpath. Got home and waded through inches of water to get to door.
Sun shining now.....water all drained away?? and 3 year old saying, 'can we go to the farm now? are we going yet?' May be give it a little more time for roads to clear.
I have to admit I was a little scared:eek: I think it took less than 2 mins from first drop of rain to a torrent and zero visibility.

Two Princesses
28-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Depending on which weather forecast you read it may or may not be heading this way after lunch! BBC weather says sunny all day with highs of 27 but weather.com reads noon onwards Thunder Storms :D

cara1235
28-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Ledbury had it at 9.30am this morning, great to watch from indoors but gutted because we had to cancel our listening walk to the local country park!

miffy
28-06-2012, 01:16 PM
just got rain here, just as we are about to head out to see the olympic torch :angry:

Did you go? It was fierce wasn't it!

Miffy xx

mama2three
28-06-2012, 01:23 PM
We saw the torch in the dry..but we could hear the thunder rumbling. by the time we walked back to school we were dripping. My coat was soaked through to the lining and the colour has run all over my dress and my arms. its red so it now looks like I have some strange disease! Stopped just as i got home - typical!
Didnt it actually put the torch out in mansfield?

wellybelly
28-06-2012, 01:27 PM
It lasted about an hour here in Derbyshire this morning and its just started again! I hate Thunder but have been putting a brave face on for my son who just gasps with hand open on his mouth every time he heres a bang lol!

Ripeberry
28-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Been very muggy this morning and I'm just south of Gloucester but north of Bristol. The sun has come out at 2pm and its so HOT! Not a cloud in the sky now and the thermometer says its 28c!
Will be glad when its cooler tomorrow.

LOOPYLISA
28-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Hmm, I don't think I will plant my seedlings today then! I hope we get here down south when the children are back from school - I love a bit of drama and hysteria!

How far south are you?

LOOPYLISA
28-06-2012, 05:31 PM
We need it down here it is so sticky and about 28 degrees.

Hasnt it been hot :rolleyes:

Cooled down nicely now x

jumping j
28-06-2012, 06:04 PM
Did you go? It was fierce wasn't it!

Miffy xx

Yes we went, not as early as I wanted to, I waited for the worst part of the storm to pass, the lo's slept through the torch passing by though.
I got some pictures to show them what they missed though :laughing:

christine e
28-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Yes we went, not as early as I wanted to, I waited for the worst part of the storm to pass, the lo's slept through the torch passing by though.
I got some pictures to show them what they missed though :laughing:

Well it was thundering and lightening here just as the torch arrived - we got soaked through!:D

mushpea
28-06-2012, 07:03 PM
we havet had a storm down here yet but we could sure do with one,,
we had a few drops this morning just as the kids went out to pla y, they thought it was great and were jumping on the big rain drops but it only lasted a few seconds, we now have clear blue skys and boy is it hot.