PDA

View Full Version : Hep B

BuggsieMoo
28-06-2012, 09:54 AM
A friend I know who is a childminder also is having tests at present to see if they have Hep B. Basically they MAY have become infected at some stage although she has had no symptons and having had a course of treatment for Hep B (i.e the vaccination to not get it - we were all recommended to have the course in our area as children can be carries of Hep B) is showing low immunity at present to the routine blood test after the 3 injection course, she has to have a booster and futher bloods in a couple of months. The dr has said that it is common to not have enough immunity from the first course and that she is not high risk for having Hep B. However she is worried (to be honest I think I would be to) and she has asked me what do I think she should do? Should she notify Ofsted now (bearing in mind nothing is confirmed and the dr has said her blood result is common) or does she await and see what happens at the next result in a few months? Also, if it turns out she does have Hep B - is she allowed to continue to work in childcare? I have googled it and it is not passed from contact just during intercourse, blood contact etc.
I'm sure one of you will know a bit more cos I am totally at a loss as to what to say to help put a friends mind at rest.
Thanks all
x