PDA

View Full Version : Continuous Planning

SamBaker
28-06-2012, 07:29 AM
Morning all,

I've been doing this a little while now but my QI partner has asked me to show her my continuous planning, I can tell her exactly what I'm doing and why I just for the life of me work out how to lay it out. Is there anybody that could give me some ideas please :)

Thank you xx

moggy
28-06-2012, 08:31 AM
If you know what you are doing and why there is no need to write it down.Some may see it as good practice but it is not a requirement. If you are happy to talk through it I am sure your partner would be happy to do that?

Mouse
28-06-2012, 08:35 AM
My CP is based around areas of learning or interest, so that's how I write it down.

I have headings such as role play, small world play, investigation, books, mark making etc, and write down what toys or equipment I am having out under each heading.

So, role play is currently the work bench & tools, small world might be the Happyland village set, investigation could be magnets & metal objects, books relate to a current area of interest, mark making is the aquadraw.

I never know if I do it right, but it works for me!

sarah707
28-06-2012, 08:57 AM
CP planning is not required - but it is an excellent way of meeting a child's needs and interests with the resources you have / buy new / borrow etc.

think about what a child likes eg minibeasts and reflect on how your CP can be used to enhance their interest -

Books - about minibeasts

Songs - featuring worms, snails

Messy tray - soil and pretend insects

Outing - to library to read new books / to woods to find new minibeasts

Basket - with magnifier, bug spotter sheet, explorer hat

Don't go overboard - the interest might only last a few days or a week.

I keep a list so I can remember what I did last time, how it went, what activities it sparked etc... it helps me to plan next time.

Hth :D

SamBaker
28-06-2012, 10:43 AM
I'm working towards my QA hence why she wanted to see it. Thanks everyone for your help. Still really confusing me, must be having a bad day lol!

Smiley
28-06-2012, 01:26 PM
I have had written continuous provison for a number of years, mind you they tend to just sit in their own file because I know that I do this. Sometimes all this evidence gathering drives me to distraction!
I've attached one area of my continuous provision to give you an idea

jumpinjen
28-06-2012, 03:41 PM
I understand CP as the things that you have out all the time, kind of a way of long term planning, as it evidences how you provide for different areas of L and D through the things you always have available. If you have a sand tray that is always available for the children then you could use a spider diagram covering the areas of L and D, and jot down how the sand meets each area. Some other areas could be small world, role play, art and craft, water play, book area, treasure basket, block play, den building, gross motor play - I think some people use it in a similar way to evidence how they meet the areas through their routines so do one for example, snack time, school run, nappy changes, going to toddler group etc. It can be a useful way of reflecting on what you have available and how it is available and what else you might like to develop - I have a box on my planning sheet titled 'enabling environments' and i jot down extensions to my CP for that week, so I might change the small world toys available but the learning and development possibilities are already documented in my CP sheets - there are loads of different ways of doing them and if you plug it into google, you can view the different ways and get some ideas - bear in mind that it's likely that they are all for the current EYFS and you will need to write yours if you are doing any for the updated EYFS! HTH, Jen x