PDA

View Full Version : Ratios - Newbie -advise please

Keeley77
27-06-2012, 02:31 PM
I have two children of my own under 5.

I'm registered to take 3 under 5 (ie one other child under 5 because of my own children) and the 1 under 8.

I'v got a parent with two lo's who need after school care from 3pm until 6pm. - They are 4 and 7 and if i'v understood correctly they're both in school ie the youngest isn't in preschool (although I may have misunderstood)

I'm being totally dense, I just can't get my head around how this would work with my ratios. I'm assuming that I wouldn't be able to have another child in the 0-5 age range whilst i'm caring for them? Or would Ofsted allow this if I asked for special exception as they are siblings? - It would be monday to thursday - I'd like to take these children as I haven't had many enquiries but I don't want to be loosing out in the long run if I have to turn down full time children.

I'd also have to travel in the car to get them as their school isn't directly in my catchment area. So as I can only fit 4 children into my car, i'v kind of answered my own question as it isn't actually logistically possible unless I tie one to the roof?! (Apparently Ofsted disapprove of this).

I think I will take on the school children and then I can offer morning care for the time I don't have booked at the moment, what do you think?

Also when my Little girl starts school sept 2013, does that mean that I can have two under 5 minded and then she will count as my under 8 or does she stop being counted in my ratios?

Anyway... I'll stop rambling now.
:blush:

PS> Would you offer an evening meal or would you offer an after school snack (they will be staying until 6) if you give meals would you charge an aditional amount on top of your hourly rate?