PDA

View Full Version : part time holiday fee

Kittycat
26-06-2012, 03:30 PM
I have a part time child term time but through the holidays i wont have her, i feel a bit cheeky asking mum to pay for a whole month when i wont see her child.
I have a good relationship with the parents and when they originally started i said i charged the holidays, but now feel a bit of a cheek doing that and am considering just charging half fees to keep her space open during the holidays,
what does everyone else do

rickysmiths
26-06-2012, 03:44 PM
When I have Term Time only I charge a retainer in the holiday or a higher fee during term time. I can only take my holidays in the school holidays because I won't take my children out of school and I have a teacher husband so I make this very clear to prospective parents.

I therefore charge for five weeks of the school holidays through the year for my holidays. In otherwords my TT parents pay half normal fee for 5 of the 13 week school holiday and no fee for 8 weeks.

mrs c
26-06-2012, 03:54 PM
I have term time children and charge half fee during school holidays. As this is discussed when parents first visit there has never been a problem.
You did say that you told mum when she started that you charge for the hols. She will have accepted this so I wouldn't worry too much. You do have a business to run and I think you will find that once you have got over charging during the first holiday then you will accept it as your norm.