PDA

View Full Version : 1st Ofsted Inspection - Still waiting

Keeley77
25-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Hi, i'v been registered since Jan 12 but i'v still not had my first grading inspection.

Does anyone know how long the wait normally is?

also any tips or particular things that I should be worried about (more than I am already) lol

Has anyone had any problems with their gardens when they have been inspected? i'm getting worried that they might not be happy about the fact I have steps in my garden and there is no hand rail?...i may be getting paranoid. How strict are they about these things? - i have some crazy paving in the garden which could be classed as a tripping hazard potentially?

Would really appreciate hearing about other peoples experiences so i can get an idea of what to expect and how to prepare.

miffy
25-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Have you got a copy of the booklet "Are you ready for your inspection?". If not it's in free downloads (top of forum). Work through that and check you've got everything covered.

I have steps and crazy paving in my garden - they are covered in my risk assessments and weren't commented on by the inspector.

Your graded inspection should take place within 6 months of registration I think so you should get a call soon.

HTH's

Miffy xx

Ballette
29-06-2012, 07:53 AM
My first graded inspection took 2 and a half years!! ;)