PDA

View Full Version : Car Policy

ESmith03
25-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Hi, I'm in the process of sorting out childminding insurance on my car as my husband's work is now closer so some days he can cycle to work giving me the opportunity to go out and about a bit more in the car :clapping:

My question is I'm trying to write up my policy on using the car and to be honest haven't got a clue where to start, Please could someone give me an idea of what to put in the policy, I would be very grateful :)

I have had a look on here and also the Bromley childminders website but still struggling

sarah707
25-06-2012, 04:50 PM
There is no requirement to have a car policy.

YOu need the documents copied somewhere to show parents, childminder insurance (business class 1) and a risk assessment.

Hth :D

rickysmiths
25-06-2012, 09:01 PM
I don't have a car Policy. i have permission for my mindees to travel in mine and my husband's cars.

I have a car risk assessment which has that the cars are insured for childminding and I keep his and my car insurance certs and Mots in my RA folder. I have never shown any of my car documents or car insurance to a parent and I have never been asked for it. Some things are private I believe and they are in my RA folder so Ofsted can see them and I know where they are. Same as CRBs. I would never show them to a parent it is none of their business what is on any of my families CRBs all they need to see if I am asked is the letter I get from Ofsted as the cm telling me they are a suitable person to be around children. The actual Crb Cert is the property of the person it is for and not mine. My dd has hers with her at Uni anyway.

ESmith03
26-06-2012, 08:38 AM
There is no requirement to have a car policy.

YOu need the documents copied somewhere to show parents, childminder insurance (business class 1) and a risk assessment.

Hth :D

The documents, would that be the m-o-t etc.... do they have different buisness classes as when I do it online for a quote it just say's buisness?

Thank you that makes things a lot easier :)

ESmith03
26-06-2012, 08:39 AM
I don't have a car Policy. i have permission for my mindees to travel in mine and my husband's cars.

I have a car risk assessment which has that the cars are insured for childminding and I keep his and my car insurance certs and Mots in my RA folder. I have never shown any of my car documents or car insurance to a parent and I have never been asked for it. Some things are private I believe and they are in my RA folder so Ofsted can see them and I know where they are. Same as CRBs. I would never show them to a parent it is none of their business what is on any of my families CRBs all they need to see if I am asked is the letter I get from Ofsted as the cm telling me they are a suitable person to be around children. The actual Crb Cert is the property of the person it is for and not mine. My dd has hers with her at Uni anyway.

Thank you :)