PDA

View Full Version : VAX STEAM MOP

angeldelight
25-06-2012, 08:41 AM
I'm thinking of buying one of these the reviews are excellent and a few friends say they are brill

You can even buy in instalments if you find it expensive

Do any of you have one if so what do you think?

http://www.vaxsteam.com/

Angel xx

amanda1309
25-06-2012, 08:45 AM
I have a steam mop it's not the vax one but I love it.

Floors are really clean and where I started us dry by the time I'm finished.

cs01
25-06-2012, 08:49 AM
I'm quite interested in getting one but a bit worried about using them on laminate floors. Water/steam and wood not normally a good combination.

angeldelight
25-06-2012, 08:53 AM
I'm quite interested in getting one but a bit worried about using them on laminate floors. Water/steam and wood not normally a good combination.

I know that's what I was thinking but I've been told it leaves the floor almost dry

Angel xx

QualityCare
25-06-2012, 08:53 AM

Same here although l do wash my laminate floor with a mop and water and havn't ruined it, has anyone used one on a laminate floor?

angeldelight
25-06-2012, 08:54 AM
I have a steam mop it's not the vax one but I love it.

Floors are really clean and where I started us dry by the time I'm finished.

Oh which one do you have do you use it daily or once a week how long have you had it?

Angel xx

Bridey
25-06-2012, 08:57 AM
I can't have one as I have oak floors but my SIL has been raving about her new one on FB this weekend! She has laminate floors, a dog and twin babies and said it hardly took any time at all and dried incredibly quickly. I don't know what the long term effects on the floor would be.

Her mum got hers at a discounted price from a shopping channel website ... QVC??

MAWI
25-06-2012, 09:59 AM
I have the VAX...amazing and love it.

I bought a cheap £20 one from Asds before and it broke within weeks because I obviously use it everyday.

The VAX is heavier but overall wouldn't be without it now

FussyElmo
25-06-2012, 10:03 AM
I have this one

http://www.thanedirect.co.uk/products/housewares/h2omopx5/h2omopx5.php?gclid=CMCQjvGQ6bACFW1ItAoddD44yw

Got it from QVC and I love and it has dfifferent steam controls so for my laminate I use a lower one for my tiles I switch back up.

Also love the way it turns into a handheld one.

Now i blame Nell57 for me hetting one as she raved about her vax steam mop

~Grasshopper~
25-06-2012, 10:06 AM
i use my steam mop on my laminate. it is much drier than normal mopping and hasnt caused a problem yet.

its brilliant on my kitchen tiles though and i even did the ceiling above the cooker lol as it was looking grubby :).

x

angeldelight
25-06-2012, 10:07 AM
I have this one

http://www.thanedirect.co.uk/products/housewares/h2omopx5/h2omopx5.php?gclid=CMCQjvGQ6bACFW1ItAoddD44yw

Got it from QVC and I love and it has dfifferent steam controls so for my laminate I use a lower one for my tiles I switch back up.

Oh that looks really good and very good reviews,thanks for that fussy

Angel xxx

angeldelight
25-06-2012, 10:08 AM
I have this one

Do you use a fragranced cleaner or just water?

Xxx

nipper
25-06-2012, 10:37 AM
I have a Vax steam master for hard floors but tend to use it more on my kitchen and hall floors which are both tiled. I have used it once on the play room floor which is laminate, but wouldn't do this regularly just incase it made it warp. Absolutely brilliant it is though and dries as it goes, leaving absolutely no streaks. We bought 5 replacement harder wearing 'blue' mop pads off ebay for about £3 (from China) and these have been much better than the ones it came with (one for every day of my working week!). I actually reverted to the traditional mop and bucket for a while, but forgot just how quick and easy the steam mop is to use. The main aspect for me would be the drying time, especially if you have to use it after lunchtime.

FussyElmo
25-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Do you use a fragranced cleaner or just water?

Xxx

I just use water and believe me with my tribe and the dog i have had it about as month and its been made to work :thumbsup:

lozzy23
25-06-2012, 11:55 AM
I bought my steam cleaner from Lakeland and its been brilliant, I have laminate throughout my hall, lounge, diner and downstairs cloakroom. My kitchen and utility room are tiled - no problems so far, had it for just over a month and it has saved me so much time.

I did buy the one from QVC, but I found it bulky and it left lots of water on the floor (it could have been faulty!), I sent it back for a refund.

amanda1309
25-06-2012, 11:57 AM
I have an efbe-Schott one use it every day on my laminate floor.

Muddy dog prints are a thing of the past :laughing:

francinejayne
25-06-2012, 12:00 PM
I have a VAX steam mop that you can use detergent with - it's great, smells lovely when I use the detergent (you can use it with just water too which I do for just a quick mop around and just use the detergent when my floor is grubby!)

I actually find that my floor is quite wet after I have mopped it - I have tiled floor and would not use mine on laminate - I feel it would be too wet.

I bought mine with vouchers we got for our wedding from John Lewis - I love it but I don't think I would have spent my own cash on it!

sillybeans
25-06-2012, 01:30 PM
I have the X5 same as Fussy.

Love it, love it, love it! Had it about 6 months and use it on both tiles and laminate with no side effects. I use the medium setting on laminate and the high on tile.

The X5 also converts in to a hand held and have used it on the oven, extractor (around the outside where grease builds up) and on my windows.

Quick, easy, simples!

:clapping:

angeldelight
25-06-2012, 02:03 PM
I have the X5 same as Fussy.

Love it, love it, love it! Had it about 6 months and use it on both tiles and laminate with no side effects. I use the medium setting on laminate and the high on tile.

The X5 also converts in to a hand held and have used it on the oven, extractor (around the outside where grease builds up) and on my windows.

Quick, easy, simples!

:clapping:

Does it leave your laminate very wet though?

Angel xx

FussyElmo
25-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Does it leave your laminate very wet though?

Angel xx

I dont find that it does but as i say you can reduce the amount of steam it emits :thumbsup:

cs01
25-06-2012, 03:13 PM
I'm thinking of buying one of these the reviews are excellent and a few friends say they are brill

You can even buy in instalments if you find it expensive

Do any of you have one if so what do you think?

http://www.vaxsteam.com/

Angel xx

If you do decide to go with the Vax one, they seem to be a bit cheaper on ebay.

charleyfarley
25-06-2012, 04:46 PM
I'll blame you Angel, when Daz moans at me for buying another gadget :laughing::laughing:

Carol xx

LOOPYLISA
25-06-2012, 04:53 PM
I have been looking at the vax after the 'cheaper' one we bought broke! lol

We have oak floor rather than laminate so im not sure now if we should use one :rolleyes: ?

angeldelight
25-06-2012, 04:57 PM
I'll blame you Angel, when Daz moans at me for buying another gadget :laughing::laughing:

Carol xx

Lets be bad together ha ha

Angel xx

FussyElmo
25-06-2012, 05:19 PM

Carol xx

Im suprised Carol that you dont have one :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Lisa mine says that they can be used on all floor surfaces but I only have laminate or tiles.

Must admit the first time I used it brought lots of dirt up didnt realise my house was that dirty.

Buy one Angel - I blamed Nell57 for raving about hers :thumbsup:

angeldelight
25-06-2012, 05:22 PM
Im suprised Carol that you dont have one :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Lisa mine says that they can be used on all floor surfaces but I only have laminate or tiles.

Must admit the first time I used it brought lots of dirt up didnt realise my house was that dirty.

Buy one Angel - I blamed Nell57 for raving about hers :thumbsup:

I will blame you then :laughing::laughing:

Angel xx

angeldelight
25-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Yeah Carol you are slipping up here :laughing::laughing:

Angel xx

FussyElmo
25-06-2012, 05:26 PM
I will blame you then :laughing::laughing:

Angel xx

I dont mind taking the blame - and in all honestly even the dh likes it and I can get him to mop now :D

angeldelight
25-06-2012, 05:29 PM
I dont mind taking the blame - and in all honestly even the dh likes it and I can get him to mop now :D

Sounds an even better reason for getting one :laughing:

Angel xx

mum22
25-06-2012, 06:10 PM
I have the black and decker with the washable mop head, I love it as it dries so quickly but I do find it looks a bit smeary on my kitchen tiles, I think I was hoping for shiny polished finish but I would not be without it:clapping:

angeldelight
26-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Oooh which one do I buy

Angel xx