PDA

View Full Version : policies and procedures Allergy

GEMZ1983
23-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Hy there, I have coeliac Disease and i understand children can get this.
Any advice on a Allergy for this?

jumpinjen
24-06-2012, 06:57 AM
hi sorry, not quite sure what you're asking - Are you concerned that allergies lead to this or about what should be in a policy?

Jen x

bunyip
24-06-2012, 10:12 AM
I too am not at all sure what the OP is asking. Could you please post again, and be clear about the sort of information you want? Plenty of helpful members waiting to reply, I'm sure.

My dw has several food intolerences (including wheat & gluten) and I have mindees with varying degrees of allergy/intolerances. Well worth getting a good grounding in the facts (and medical theories) to inform your food management system, as well as how you deal with school, etc.

Lots of information on the Food Standards Agency website. I also find this book helpful: Allergies, a parent's guide (Victoria Goldman) Need2Know publishing co. (2009) ISBN: 978-1-86144-064-8

But don't just rely on these references. Medical evidence and theory is changing constantly, so take professional medical advice to keep upto date.

rickysmiths
24-06-2012, 10:24 AM
No minded child will catch Coeliac Disease from you if that's what you mean.

It is thought to be inherited, but you will have been born with a pre disposition to developing the condition.

You do not catch it from anyone.

bunyip
24-06-2012, 10:50 AM
@rickysmiths

The OP's profile shows they are a parent, so they're probably talking about their own lo's.

Not too clear, though.