PDA

View Full Version : Tooth fairy

mama2three
22-06-2012, 12:55 PM
So whats the going rate for the toothfairy these days?
Q lost his first tooth this morning - a top front one. Hes very excited , Im slightly sad that my baby is growing up! And that he looks rather odd and will til this phase of gaps and lisps and mismatched teeth is over. ( bad mummy!)
So...how much does your toothfairy leave? One of his friends told him £10!! I said he must have meant 10p! ( bad mean mummy!)

Hayley102
22-06-2012, 12:59 PM
£1 - when we remember:blush:! Have had to write to the tooth fairy before to tell her we had lost a tooth and where to find it!

Kiddleywinks
22-06-2012, 12:59 PM
One of his friends told him £10!!

:laughing::laughing: Not in MY house it isn't :laughing::laughing:

It was a £2 for the first one
£1 for the rest, I wanted to do 50p, but was overruled :rolleyes:

charleyfarley
22-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Losing his first tooth bless him and you :)

I boobooed a bit with the first tooth as dd swallowed hers while eating a pear, so the toothfairy was rather generous and left £5.00. Then when it came to ds losing his first tooth the toothfairy had to leave the same :eek:

Each one after that was either £1 or £2 depending on how much the TF had at the time :laughing:

Carol xx

AgentTink
22-06-2012, 01:37 PM
My daughter who is nearly three got a pepea pig book the other week about the tooth fairy. At first she was mortified that her teeth came out, but now she is over the shock, she cant wait "to be big girl so i can see the tooth fairy and she will leave me a shiny new coin under pillow". If she keeps believing she gets a shiny coin I may get away with 2p (if i dip it into some coke as it will then be nice and shiny) :laughing:

mama2three
22-06-2012, 01:39 PM
have you all heard about the toothfairy who left a letter instead of money saying that the tooth hadnt been looked after well enough?

EmmaReed84
22-06-2012, 01:40 PM
Ahhhh now teeth are charged by cleanliness... Really nice clean teeth are £1, Okish teeth are 50p and horrible teeth are NOTHING... Both kids LOVE brushing their teeth just to make sure they always get £1 lol :thumbsup:

Roseolivia
22-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Rose got 50p. Yes i'm a tight mummy but she gets enough.

samb
22-06-2012, 08:36 PM
My dd got £1 for first tooth and 50p for subsequent teeth.

Mindee I used to have got £2 for each tooth- they are in the same small class at school. Seems as though there is a big difference but hey dd was 2nd in class to lose teeth and you can't exactly change 5 teeth in can you?!

cathtee
22-06-2012, 08:45 PM
20p when mine were little but that was 20+ years ago, think I was a bit mean:blush:

charleyfarley
22-06-2012, 09:03 PM
20p when mine were little but that was 20+ years ago, think I was a bit mean:blush:

My 1st ds got 20p all those years ago, that's inflation for you with the amount we pay now :D

Carol xx

angeldelight
22-06-2012, 09:28 PM
Ahhh I see what you mean now about your comment regarding this

I thought it was some sort of outfit for the party :laughing::laughing:

xxx

miffy
23-06-2012, 08:21 AM
have you all heard about the toothfairy who left a letter instead of money saying that the tooth hadnt been looked after well enough?

Oh no :(

Have heard of the tooth fairy who was afraid of fireworks so didn't come out on Bonfire Night :blush: :laughing:

Miffy xx

JulieA
23-06-2012, 09:06 AM
The tooth fairy that visits our house leaves £2 for the first tooth and £1 for subsequent teeth.

Although someone in school gave their DD £5 and were scorned in the playground for ages by other parents :)

Chimps Childminding
23-06-2012, 10:47 AM
I think the going rate round here is £1 - but these days TF leaves letters and all sorts :eek: didn't happen when mine were little (15 years ago) they just got a coin under their pillow - think it might have been 20p with 4 of them I could't afford £1 every time one of them lost a tooth :panic: