PDA

View Full Version : Next steps for painting, beads and obs ive made for a one yr old

johanna77
18-06-2012, 07:52 PM
I have a Two year old who loves creative play and keeps asking for painting. Ive done sponge painting for numbers and shapes as this was her interest, ive done free painting with brushes and today we have done roller pictures. I want to try and extend this much further but I am drawing a blank, if any ideas could be given that would be good.

Also, today I noticed with my One year old when I gave her some water, she tipped it onto the highchair table and started to draw init, and also put her fruit into one hand until it was overflowing. I want to try and extend this but not sure what to do. I have tried painting with her but the brush ends up on the floor and finger painting ive done a few times.

I find these next steps hard, think im trying to make them too complicated, just keep drawing a blank.

Thank for any ideas given.

Jo:)

The Juggler
18-06-2012, 09:17 PM
hon, as well as next steps they just need lots of opportunities to repeat and practice and just enjoy so just let her do her thing. but some suggestions

I have a Two year old who loves creative play and keeps asking for painting. Ive done sponge painting for numbers and shapes as this was her interest, ive done free painting with brushes and today we have done roller pictures. I want to try and extend this much further but I am drawing a blank, if any ideas could be given that would be good. is she just 2 or nearly 3?? if she is older she will probably enjoy starting to mix colours (or they will end up blended anyhow) so maybe try with 2 colours on a plate that will make another colour and see her reaction. Or you could show her once she's covered her page to use other end of the brush to draw lines and marks (or use a pencil) in the paint. Paint outdoors (stick the paper on a wall)

Also, today I noticed with my One year old when I gave her some water, she tipped it onto the highchair table and started to draw init, and also put her fruit into one hand until it was overflowing. I want to try and extend this but not sure what to do. I have tried painting with her but the brush ends up on the floor and finger painting ive done a few times. have lots of bags and boxes filled with things or a low table with lots of boxes and lids and thing to fill them with for her to empty and fill. Offer water play opportunities in a small bowl or tray or offer her brush and water to paint on flagstones outdoors

I find these next steps hard, think im trying to make them too complicated, just keep drawing a blank.

Thank for any ideas given.

Jo:)

md0u0131
18-06-2012, 09:21 PM
painting with everyday objects
making track marks
painting outside
making marks in other things - gloop, salt

Maza
18-06-2012, 09:30 PM
Mine love painting 3D objects as it is a whole new perspective. One day you could put out egg cartons or empty tin foil tubes, another day you could put out a huge box in the garden. It doesn't have to link to anything in particular, just experiencing paint in different contexts.

Printing/painting with everyday objects is also one that they never tire of. Printing with duplo/blocks, cardboard tubes, old vegetables (broccoli, okra, corn on the cob etc) painting with cotton buds, loofah. My daughter just always ends up painting her hands and doing hand prints, so this is obviously what she needs as she is clearly getting something from it!

wellingtoncc
19-06-2012, 08:02 AM
painting with cars has always beena fave of some of mine, using the wheels to make tracks x