PDA

View Full Version : Michael Gove finally speaks!

sarah707
18-06-2012, 06:53 PM
He has replied to my MP who asked him the questions I sent here -

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=102087

So... the man himself has spoken.

What do we make of that then guys? :D

The Juggler
18-06-2012, 07:26 PM
mmm, not really saying much at all really is he. :panic:

it's under review
the regulation might change
if it does, it might include all early years care or it might just affect childminders.

clear as mud :laughing:

at least he is talking about consultation though. Be nice if it were with CM's in general (as with EYFS review) rather than just via NCMA.

loocyloo
18-06-2012, 07:30 PM
LOL!!!

did you read the reply i got from sir micheal wilshaw? well not him, but the minion he got to write on his behalf!

reads like the same 'non answer' !!! :rolleyes:

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=103673

sarah707
18-06-2012, 07:35 PM
I was just reading it now loocyloo... yes I agree saying a lot of very little! :rolleyes:

From Gove's reply I do think change is coming they just haven't decided how yet...

I am cross with the bit at the end saying that they will consult with relevant organisations and NCMA ...

Errr excuse me but WHAT ABOUT US?!? You remember us - the people doing the job :(

The Juggler
18-06-2012, 09:20 PM
I was just reading it now loocyloo... yes I agree saying a lot of very little! :rolleyes:

From Gove's reply I do think change is coming they just haven't decided how yet...

I am cross with the bit at the end saying that they will consult with relevant organisations and NCMA ...

Errr excuse me but WHAT ABOUT US?!? You remember us - the people doing the job :(

exactly! do they realise how many of us are NOT members of the NCMA. we would like to be consulted too :angry:

uf353432
18-06-2012, 09:34 PM

he says in his letter they will consult with childminders, other organisations including NCMA - honestly he does - read it again lol!

The Juggler
18-06-2012, 10:02 PM
he says in his letter they will consult with childminders, other organisations including NCMA - honestly he does - read it again lol!

well i hope they consult direct, not just via NCMA or via LA's :panic:

Penny1959
19-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Sorry for delay in responding - just really busy

Anyway - agree it does say the gov will consult and with childminders - if this is the case - is our petition not needed and we can say 'job done'?
However I do worry about who these cms who are consulted with, will be.

In the past I have been involved in some gov consultations - but the opportunity to do so was because I was ancma volunteer - I wonder if I will be asked in the future now i am not a ncma member?

Of course I know ncma members will speak up and say what needs saying but the government need to recognise that there are others who would like to be involved.

So maybe we do need to continue with our petition

As to Gove's letter - well I wish he had given some detail such as time scales
and most worrying he did not mention the agency model - either for or against - which to the synic in me is worrying (as in - best not to mention or all the cms will be on our backs again)

On the positive he did respond so better than some others. Well done Sarah on getting a response

Penny :)