PDA

View Full Version : standard paperwork vs own documents

mindingmummy
18-06-2012, 01:34 PM
Afternoon all you helpful people!!

I have a lady coming to see me tonight, and as shes an old family friend im jumping to conclusions that we will be signing contracts....

Up till now I have been using Morton Michel documents for all of my contacts, child records, etc. No problems with it other than there being so many pieces of paper!

It got me thinking that from September I could create my own paperwork in one document as a pack to hand out to all of my customers.

2 questions....

1. Am I allowed to create my own contracts or do they have to be formal ones from Morton Michel/ NCMA etc??
2. What do others give to parents? I currently have a child record form, permissions forms, contract, emergency contacts, long/short term medication forms.

rickysmiths
18-06-2012, 03:41 PM
Yes you can create your own contracts but don't copy the MM or NCMA ones because they are subject to Copyright.

Personally I regard the Contracts as an investment and I don't know about the MM ones but I use the NCMA ones and I like the fact that they self duplicate.

I then have a child info form
Parental Responsibility
Next of Kin
Permissions and consents all mine are listed on one form along with all my Policies so the parent signs once.
All About Me Form

I don't think that is a huge amount on top of the Contract for a parent to sign and fill in.