PDA

View Full Version : do i need to call Ofsted?

emimihkos
17-06-2012, 10:26 PM
Hi
I have a birthday party on Sun next week and there will be aprox5 Children aged 4 ...two of them are my mindees ...i Can look after 2 under 5...but that's just2 hour party and i work Mon-Fri ...do i need to call Ofsted to let them know ? :rolleyes:

Kiddleywinks
17-06-2012, 10:30 PM
If it's a private party, and you're not charging parents ie not working, I don't think ratio's apply...

Heaven Scent
17-06-2012, 11:12 PM
No its not work BUT I would make it perfectly clear to the parents that this is a party and nothing to do with your business therefore your insurance etc is not valid during the party as they are not paying you to care for their children and they are more than welcome to remain in your house during the party - If it came to it that we couldn't hold private family functions in our own homes then I would give up tomorrow - a party is a party and work is work - it may be different however if you decided to hold the party during your work hours even if some of the parents were to stay - outside your work hours you are fine.

I know years ago when I was minding and almost all my clients were neighbours children I used to have to make it very clear that if my husband offered to run one of the neighbours children to football or whatever because they were taking another of their children to dancing etc then it had nothing to do with my childminding and it was just him being a good neighbour - its a fine line but one you need to mark clearly in those circumstances - Now my children are all grown up and I live on a main road with old people for neighbours and only look after children whose parents I have no previous friendships with so its all just business as it were which is much easier.

All the best with the party - enjoy it!!!

emimihkos
18-06-2012, 06:03 PM
I will...
Thank you very much for your replies...you are angels :p:laughing: