PDA

View Full Version : Building work

mrs_scottydog
16-06-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm after some advice about building work. We're waiting for planning permission to have a small extension on our house. I know that I'll have to inform Ofsted at some point about the work but does anyone know when?
Also I'm currently on maternity leave, hoping to start working again in November. The work includes moving our bathroom so we'll obviously have some time without a fully functioning bathroom, does this mean that if we can't get the work done before I return to work I'll have to close while it is done? The only room that I use for minding that will be affected is the bathroom but we'll obviously have builders around the house too. Thanks in advance for your replies. Hx

cathtee
16-06-2012, 04:00 PM
I would think that having no bathroom would be a problem as you cannot provide toilet facilities, and ofsted would need to be notified. Not sure about the builders notify Ofsted and see what they say

jumpinjen
16-06-2012, 05:28 PM
I believe they need a full RA of the work to be carried out, dates, how it will affect your provision and how you will keep the children safe whilst it is carried out eg non- CRB'd workmen, tools left in the garden, scaffolding, falling masonry, noise disturbing sleep patterns, dust, what if electicity needs to be turned off, how keep food safe etc etc etc you will need to resubmit an RA and plans once completed if you will be using that new bit for work.

HTH, Jen x