PDA

View Full Version : Getting paid

Mrs M
07-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Hi, just a quick question. I have a child starting on 1st July four days per week. His parents asked whether they can pay a monthly amount, therefore, add up what it's going to be over the year and divide it by 12. I've agreed to that as it'll give me an exact income so I'll know where I stand. I've worked out 48 weeks at full price and four weeks at half price to take into account thier holidays (I charge half price for parent's hols). I suppose if there's a time when I can't mind their son for some reason, I'd have to refund them. Does anyone else do it like this? It's also by voucher scheme. Not used vouchers before, do they work well?
Thank you :D

miffy
07-06-2008, 11:19 AM
I use a couple of the voucher schemes and they work well provided parents remember to authorise the payment each month into your bank account

I've never averaged my pay over 12 months - just be careful that you won't be out of pocket if the parent leaves before the 12 months are up iyswim

miffy xx

chels55
07-06-2008, 02:45 PM
I done something simular taking into account school hols and inset days, then averaged out a weekly amount. I prefer to have a regular set amount of money

angeldelight
09-06-2008, 07:16 AM
Good luck with the new child Emma and hope you get the payments sorted out to how you want to be paid

Angel xx

sue32
09-06-2008, 07:58 AM
I get paid monthy from all my parents and it works very well, I get paid on the first of the month straight into my bank account and the parents and I know how much and when no late payments and no chasing moneys.

Three of my parents use vouchers and they have set up a reminder on their computer to activate the voucher when the time is due.

If I do extra hours they give me the money on the day and if I need to give a refund (haven't need to yet) I would have the cash/cheque ready for them as it works both ways.

Getting paid monthy has an advantage as you can work out what bills you can pay and when and if you are on holiday you still get paid the same.

berkschick
09-06-2008, 08:26 AM
I get paid monthly in advance but I invoice for the exact amount for the coming month. The amount does vary each month depending on how many days their child will attend as some months are 5 weeks but its only a bit.