PDA

View Full Version : :) or :( ...24hrs to decide...

tinyp164
15-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Hi!

On tuesday (just gone) I had my first inspection. It went very well and I have received a glowing report and I'm really proud. I did only get satisfactory but she said this was in her guidelines as it was my first inspection, I do not mind as all of my parents are happy and I'm full with a waiting list. :clapping:
However, she did pull me up on an action; on my medical permission forms which include first aid, plasters, allergies, emergency meds and doseages etc I forgot to write the one scentance I needed in administering emergency meds saysing I do/do not give permission, (i have it for all of the others listed above but just left this one out, eventhough I have the dose etc written lol!) silly me! anyways I corrected it that night and all parents have now signed them again.
I have literally just recieved my report and it says this on it with a 24hr window to make changes and provide evidence. Does this mean that if I mail this new one over that it will be deleted off the report as it is within 24hrs or not? I could kick myself as I have everything else on there but forgot that lil scentance!!
Please let me know asap...
Many thanks x

Bridey
15-06-2012, 04:50 PM
Didn't want to read & run but I've no idea, sorry. Ofsted aren't going to be open again until Monday anyway! If it does stay on the report, don't worry too much. You can show potential parents that you have amended your form and, as you said, the rest of the inspection went very well! :thumbsup:

tinyp164
15-06-2012, 05:12 PM
Aww thank you soo much for not running!
Yes your right really, I supose that way they will see that I listen and take advice seriously. :clapping: Thank youuuu! Have a lovely weekend!

Bridey
15-06-2012, 05:33 PM
You too! :)

BucksCM
15-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Sorry, I don't know the answer either but I just wanted to say Congratulations on getting through your first inspection!:clapping::clapping::D

Pipsqueak
15-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Hi!

On tuesday (just gone) I had my first inspection. It went very well and I have received a glowing report and I'm really proud. I did only get satisfactory but she said this was in her guidelines as it was my first inspection, I do not mind as all of my parents are happy and I'm full with a waiting list. :clapping:
However, she did pull me up on an action; on my medical permission forms which include first aid, plasters, allergies, emergency meds and doseages etc I forgot to write the one scentance I needed in administering emergency meds saysing I do/do not give permission, (i have it for all of the others listed above but just left this one out, eventhough I have the dose etc written lol!) silly me! anyways I corrected it that night and all parents have now signed them again.
I have literally just recieved my report and it says this on it with a 24hr window to make changes and provide evidence. Does this mean that if I mail this new one over that it will be deleted off the report as it is within 24hrs or not? I could kick myself as I have everything else on there but forgot that lil scentance!!
Please let me know asap...
Many thanks x

Well done on a good inspection - however I do think it was VERY wrong of Mrs O to have said or imply that due to it being a first inspection it can only be a satisfactory... its bull - I know people get graded higher on first inspection - myself included.
This is where Ofsted need to be BETTER.

Also regarding the permission - fair enough change it.
Its a BS action and she could obviously find nothing else to pull you up on:clapping:

Two Princesses
15-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Well done on the inspection :thumbsup: and like Pipsqueak say, satisfactory grade is bull. I got a good on my first inspection.
I thought it was only the 'factual' first paragraph that they/you could change but I could be wrong. Best to call them on Monday to check. You should have 24 working hours so first thing Monday should be fine :)

Of course I could be talking complete rubbish and someone with far more experience will come along and set you straight! LOL!!:p

Smiley
15-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Yes you have 24 hours to read through your report and make any comments on the factual information for example the setting description and other information within the report. If you are not happy with any wording then let them know, make suggestions how you would prefer it to be written. I just did mine as a word document attached to an email and off it went. Then it is sent back to you again a few days later to check over again. So you are given an opportunity to have the report altered, it is possible to have judgements changed if the evidence gathered on the day supports this. Inspectors use the early years evaluation schedule which can be downloaded from the Ofsted website, it is a useful document and includes all the grade descriptors for all 17 judgements.

tinyp164
16-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Thank you sooo much for all of your comments!!! :D
I'm going to go through it again this weekend and see if there is a better way to reword somethings, and collect the evidence and go from there.

I have done a little bit of googling on her (I know its not a great thing to do lol but still!) and she has only given out 1 outstanding in the whole of my county and only a few goods, this includes nurseries, schools and cm settings! so she really is strict!! I think Ofsted need to make it clearer as it isn't fair that some say you can't get higher on first inspection and some you can, never mind hey.

Like I said I'm happy and all of my parents are happy and tbh other than that one scentance I have a really good report and only 1 suggestion so I must be doing something right. I think its the wording...satisfactorty is a harsh word to use.

Actually, if I didn't have this forum I think I would be lost half of the time, I love reading everyones comments, help and adivce esepcially as sometimes no one else understands how frustrating it can be lol. So a HUGEEEE Thank you!!!!

rickysmiths
16-06-2012, 09:28 AM
Thank you sooo much for all of your comments!!! :D
I'm going to go through it again this weekend and see if there is a better way to reword somethings, and collect the evidence and go from there.

I have done a little bit of googling on her (I know its not a great thing to do lol but still!) and she has only given out 1 outstanding in the whole of my county and only a few goods, this includes nurseries, schools and cm settings! so she really is strict!! I think Ofsted need to make it clearer as it isn't fair that some say you can't get higher on first inspection and some you can, never mind hey.

What you need to say to them is that you feel from what the inspector said to you she had pre judged you as a Satisfactory before she arrived in your setting because it was your first inspection. They prob won't change anything but they may speak to her about her attitude. In future if an inspector arrives and states that you will only get a certain grading or that as I had once ' I don't give cms Outstanding!'!!. They have pre judged you and you should ask them to leave on those grounds and ring Prospects or Tribal and say what you have done and why and request a fresh unbiased inspection.

Like I said I'm happy and all of my parents are happy and tbh other than that one scentance I have a really good report and only 1 suggestion so I must be doing something right. I think its the wording...satisfactorty is a harsh word to use.

Actually, if I didn't have this forum I think I would be lost half of the time, I love reading everyones comments, help and adivce esepcially as sometimes no one else understands how frustrating it can be lol. So a HUGEEEE Thank you!!!!

Well done.