PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to keep old contracts?

ziggy
14-06-2012, 06:51 AM
Have spent last week sorting out paperwork, got on top of it at last:clapping:

Just wondered, when a child leaves or a new contract is signed do i need to keep the old contracts?

Kiddleywinks
14-06-2012, 06:57 AM
Oooo...Well done :thumbsup:

Personally, I would keep old contracts with the leaving childs other documentation.
Should there be a need to prove something in the future, attendance, contracted hours, etc, if you have the originals it saves having to try and remember (my memory's not what it used to be that's for sure :rolleyes:)

sarah707
14-06-2012, 08:25 AM
Yes keep them with attendance registers, permission forms for medication and accident records... they are important evidence if a claim is ever brought against you in the future.

Hth :D

rickysmiths
14-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Yes I keep them all in the child's folder and when they leave I put any accident/medication sheets, attendance records etc and store them in my attic until the child is 21yrs and 3mths old. They are kept this long because the child had the right to make a claim against you for 3 years after they are 18.

ziggy
14-06-2012, 04:14 PM
ok will do, thanks for replies

was just hoping to get rid of bit more paperwork lol

rickysmiths
14-06-2012, 06:50 PM
ok will do, thanks for replies

was just hoping to get rid of bit more paperwork lol

No hope we will all be taking it in to our Old People's homes with us :laughing::laughing:

ziggy
15-06-2012, 07:20 AM
The way my memory is failing, I wont remember which safe place i left it all in lol:blush:

ziggy
15-06-2012, 07:22 AM
OMG, have just had an awful thought, i really will be taking it to old peoples' home if we have to keep it till child is 21yrs and 3months. That means i will be almost 70 by the time my youngest current mindee is that age!!!!!!

madmamma
15-06-2012, 07:40 AM
OMG, have just had an awful thought, i really will be taking it to old peoples' home if we have to keep it till child is 21yrs and 3months. That means i will be almost 70 by the time my youngest current mindee is that age!!!!!!

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: