PDA

View Full Version : first inspection this week!!

Bluebell
11-06-2012, 08:05 PM
This week I have 2 exams and today the inspector phones to say she is inspecting me!! She did ask if I wanted to postpone because of my exams but I am so keen to get my inspection out of the way - it feels like I have been waiting for ever (it got postponed as I wasn't minding for 2 weeks in September and that was when I got my call so I've been waiting a long time.)
All year I have been waiting for the call quietly confident that I am doing the best I can but now I am panicking. What if what I think is pretty ok is not what they want? To be fair I have got a lovely inspector - she did my pre-reg and a visit when I wanted a variation. BUT I am really doubting myself and I don't have time to get everything as ship shape as I'd of liked it. Like I type up reports on my computer and e-mail them to the parents with photos, I link activities to the EYFS and then I print them out in books for the children to keep but I haven't printed any out in the last 2 months (because I've been trying to focus on my study.) and as 3 of my children started in the last 2 months they don't have a book! I just wanted to focus on my exams and knew I had a lot of catching up to do with paperwork. Half of me is well the parents are informed and its on the computer but the rest is panicking and thinking I should print it all out and get sticking! Also I do a lot of laid back playing and activities and let it go in the direction of various EYFS and I think I do ok but now I am maybe I should have some really structured activities when she comes but then I won't be able to talk to her properly if she asks me things as I find it hard to help the children and hold a conversation!!
Any advice - I know I am supposed to 'carry on' as normal but I find it hard to be silly and spontaneous and sing songs or whatever with an adult audience. I also find it hard to supervise and run around mopping up paint spills and wash hands and get more paint etc etc when trying to talk to someone. I just feel like I will be a really wet blanket when she is here!!! Will she look at my computer if I open up the documents where I have typed the childrens updates and have lots of photos of us doing lots of lovely things?? I think I am ok with policies and RA's etc but just panicking a bit now I think! She said she's got my SEF and I said I'd been reviewing and improving it as I go but not updated it online and she said that was fine. She said not to worry and I wasn't at first but now I am. I know I shouldn't expect great things for my first inspection but I've been trying so hard to 'do it properly' so to speak I really want it to be recognised iyswim!!

miffy
12-06-2012, 06:56 AM
It sounds like you've everything to hand even if not in quite the order you wanted so I wouldn't worry.

I got things up to date for the two mindees I was expecting to be with me when the inspector came and both were sick so had a mad panic to arrange for another mindee to stay with me instead of going to playgroup or I would have had no children - of course this lj was not up to date but inspector did look at everything. All the activities I had prepared were of no use as mindee was older not interested etc so it was all completely child led and I know I must have looked a real idiot pretending to be a bear (child heavily into we're going on a bear hunt) in a dark, dark cave (dark den) but I got through it and so will you!

Good luck with the exams too

Miffy xx

Bluebell
12-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Thank you Miffy!!

Kirsty90
12-06-2012, 04:45 PM
It sounds like you've everything to hand even if not in quite the order you wanted so I wouldn't worry.

I got things up to date for the two mindees I was expecting to be with me when the inspector came and both were sick so had a mad panic to arrange for another mindee to stay with me instead of going to playgroup or I would have had no children - of course this lj was not up to date but inspector did look at everything. All the activities I had prepared were of no use as mindee was older not interested etc so it was all completely child led and I know Imust have looked a real idiot pretending to be a bear [/COLOR](child heavily into we're going on a bear hunt) in a dark, dark cave (dark den) but I got through it and so will you!

Good luck with the exams too

Miffy xx

The things we do for our mindees!! If anyone came in to my house whilst I was minding they would think I'm a complete nutter!! :laughing:

Kirsty90
12-06-2012, 04:46 PM
Oh and good luck with your inspection & exams! I was so worried about my first inspection I didnt sleep for days, but as soon as it was over I fet stupid for worrying so much.

xxx

Bluebell
13-06-2012, 09:27 PM
Thanks Kirsty - I've been revising my exam for Friday tonight so hopefully I haven't missed anything for the inspection tomorrow!!!
I am really tired though so hopefully I will sleep well.

curlywurly
13-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Good luck.
:)

miffy
14-06-2012, 07:02 AM
Good luck today - sending you lots of positive vibes :thumbsup:

Miffy xx