PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to tell Ofsted

Debster
11-06-2012, 06:14 PM
So after 3 yrs need a change but still usure. A job has come up at my local nursery I pretty much have it in the bag as I mind the nursery managers dd and she has said as much. It is only maternity cover sept-feb I have no mindees from sept loosing 5:panic: so figured I may as well test the water and see if its financially and mentally rewarding enough and if not fall back on to my cm. Now I will continue with my insurance and pay my Ofsted fee due in this time. But do I call Ofsted and say I am not minding at the moment I am due an inspection during this time will they still come out to me without children? I am hoping that this job if it works out and I like it will become permanent I am trying to get on the course for my early years foundation degree for September and then go onto do a further degree and get into teaching hoping I will make it there by the time I am 40 that's when life begins right:D I feel I have grown out of it as my kids are older now I need a new challenge and a reliable income but most important time in the school holidays for just me and my girls

sarah707
11-06-2012, 06:26 PM
I would let them know so they are not chasing you for your inspection - give them an expected end date and see how things are looking.

Have you had an EYFS inspection? If so you're highly unlikely to have one this side of Sept anyway which will give you some breathing space.

Good luck with your new venture! :clapping:

miffy
11-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Good luck - hope it all works out for you

Miffy xx

Debster
12-06-2012, 05:10 PM
I would let them know so they are not chasing you for your inspection - give them an expected end date and see how things are looking.

Have you had an EYFS inspection? If so you're highly unlikely to have one this side of Sept anyway which will give you some breathing space.

Good luck with your new venture! :clapping:

Yes I go graded under the EYFS it had just come in:)