PDA

View Full Version : First graded inspection

NicoleW
11-06-2012, 11:37 AM
I got a good, although I was a bit in disagreement with her comments such as:

She said it will be better if I put my child into preschool because she's quite a demanding child when she wants to be and it's unfair for mindee to be dragged in or around that, and I should think about getting two or more items of the same toy to avoid arguments.

I replied saying that the children will not learn how to share by always getting more than one of the same thing, I think I deal with Hannah very well to her age and stage of development especially understanding.

She said that the garden is okayish, but I need to do something about the fabric membrane under the bark chippings as there isn't enough bark to cover it all, and it's a tripping hazard they can trip and hurt themselves (on soft bark).
I replied, saying well I am buying a bag here and there to bulk it up but I've only just moved in, we don't have that much money and to be honest I think it helps children to learn about negotiating around things to stop them hurting themselves.

She said I need to put a banister on the stairs, I said the landlord won't let us. "Well, you need to get it done"

Well how can I if the landlord won't let us?!

I need more planning in my day, it's a bit free play and mindee was wandering around searching for things to play instead of it all being layed out for him.

I replied, that I like to encourage children to find their own toys to play with to promote independance, yes I leave some things out, but I don't set my house up like a preschool would with a table for this and a table for that.

I feel disappointed after my inspection, though I got a good I think I could've done a lot more and felt some of the remarks were ''off''.

She didn't even check I was washing my hands, didn't check that the vivarium (single pane) had safety film on (which it doesn't) didn't even ask about the plug sockets which have no covers in them, didn't ask about smoke alarms.

BucksCM
11-06-2012, 11:44 AM
:clapping:well done:clapping:
Good on a first inspection:D
I can understand what you mean about your inspector...but unfortunately they are not all the same.
You did well and gave great explanations for your actions.
Again, well :clapping::thumbsup:done

NicoleW
11-06-2012, 11:49 AM
I won't ever be satisfied until I have outstanding with no recommendations :-)

miffy
12-06-2012, 06:51 AM

In that case you'll have a long wait - even outstanding cm's now get a recommendation, usually worded "should consider........"

Sorry you're feeling a bit disappointed, I'd wait and see how your report reads you might be pleasantly surprised.

Miffy xx

foxy lady
12-06-2012, 07:30 AM

i don't think you can have an outstanding with no recommendations i got my second outstanding last year and both times she has asked ME to think of something to put down as a recommendation as they have to have 1

GILLIAN H
12-06-2012, 11:45 AM
well done on your good grade x:clapping:

annmarieroberts
20-06-2012, 08:14 PM
hi all
i need help with the information booklet. some of the questions i dont know what to put.

help

annmarie