PDA

View Full Version : Evening Childminding

Sweet Mo
10-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Hi All.
I am new to this and wondered what your thoughts might be. I am thinking of setting up an evening Childminding Service in my home, on a first come first served basis. The service is for people who want to go out for the evening without their children, or might be away for the weekend or even a week. Please give me your thoughts on this whether you think it would work and the pros and cons.

Thank you in advance, Mo x

cathtee
10-06-2012, 07:47 PM
Hi Mo, first of all for the weekend stay or weekly, you need to have overnight care on your registration, and make sure that your insurance covers you for it, and make sure your rates are reflective of the unsociable hours you will be working.

It's something that I wouldn't want to do, after doing it all week, but good luck to you hope it works out for you:)

Wheelybug
10-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Hi,
My initial thoughts reading you post is that I wonder if parents would prefer children to be settled in their own home / beds in the evening. It might work if you are thinking about providing overnight care as I've seen alot of adverts on places like childcare.co.uk for babysitters for odd evenings.

Cathy

jaswinder bedi
11-06-2012, 11:11 PM
Hi cath I finally got on da forum I am sure this is you, i shall catch you in the morning:):magnificent: its jas here! XxxX:):)

jaswinder bedi
12-06-2012, 10:22 PM
Hi Mo, I think it's an very good idea, it may work if and only if it's demand in your area. I had flexibility to work in da evening and week end sadly no one used my service but yes long long time ago they did and can work perfectly. Good luck with it. Jaswinder. X