PDA

View Full Version : what to do regarding fees? paperwork etc

ai89
10-06-2012, 08:47 AM
When it comes to the fees of your care do you need to have a policy for them or do you do something else? Should you just verbally explain to the parents what your fees are or is it best to have a policy which explains what the fees are? (I already have a policy which explains when payments need to be made and what happens when they are late paying etc) OR would you say its best to even just have a sheet of paper that you give the parents, when enquireing about your care, that details the fees (how much it costs, whats included etc) Im really stumped on this so any help would be great, what sort of things do you do regarding informing parents and potential parents about your fees? Im just starting out by the way

cathtee
10-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Hi I just tell parents what my fees are, hourly and how much a full week would be. Then they can decide it its for them. :) I had a man try to haggle with me, but I stuck to my guns and he agreed in the end,

Wheelybug
10-06-2012, 07:57 PM
I try to encourage parents to come round to visit before giving information about my fees, so they can see exactly the service they will be getting. Usually at initial visits I give parents a sheet with all my fees on. Parents have said they find this useful as they often forget what is said at visits and get information confused if visiting more than one childminder. When they come back to sign contracts I explain then that fees have to be paid in advance etc. I don't have a policy about fees. I use ncma contract and write in these charges for late collections etc.

Cathy

jaswinder bedi
11-06-2012, 10:26 PM
Hi I just tell parents what my fees are, hourly and how much a full week would be. Then they can decide it its for them. :) I had a man try to haggle with me, but I stuck to my guns and he agreed in the end,

Hi cathy it's jas:clapping: made it on the forum:)