PDA

View Full Version : Clipping child's picture to individual towels!

jumpinjen
09-06-2012, 04:07 PM
I just ordered these:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251066823569&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160
after a light bulb moment - my bathroom is waaaaay too tiny to have individual hooks on the wall with pictures of the children above them and anyways I don't want to sabotage my weekend haven with childminding stuff.... I digress...... I bought lovely bright coloured towels ages ago from ikea that are still in my airing cupboard unused until I thought aha - use tea towel clips to (somehow - haven't worked that bit out yet LOL) clip each child's pic to their towel and then I can hang them over the side of the bath whilst they are here and they may (I repeat may) actually use their own towel - yay!

very sad what pleases me, I know!

Jen :laughing::clapping:

BucksCM
09-06-2012, 04:13 PM
They look great! Might have to get some of these too!!
Thanks for posting:thumbsup:

BucksCM
09-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Yep, just oredered two packs!!:D

jumpinjen
09-06-2012, 04:46 PM
Yep, just oredered two packs!!:D

It didn't take you long to decide then!!!:laughing::laughing:
I'm thinking print and laminate pics with a good margin of plastic above it, hole punch then use stretchy elastic/cord to tie it firmly to the towel clips!
what do you reckon?

jen x

nikki thomson
09-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Good idea but I buy throw away paper towels, it's easier. X

jumpinjen
09-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Good idea but I buy throw away paper towels, it's easier. X

I agree much easier but I just can't bring myself to do it - I'm a closet greenie!

Jen x

blue bear
09-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Couldn't you glue a laminated pictur on the metal bit of the clasp, no leaving it on the towel and washing it by accident.
Think a bull dog would work similar to these clips.

jumpinjen
09-06-2012, 05:37 PM
Couldn't you glue a laminated pictur on the metal bit of the clasp, no leaving it on the towel and washing it by accident.
Think a bull dog would work similar to these clips.

I wondered that but I can't think of any glue that would stand up to it - glue gun maybe? but not sure it'll work well on metal - yes a bull dog clip would work just as well but the pretty colours match my pretty towels:D

Jen x

moggy
09-06-2012, 06:53 PM
I just have a different colour per child- they all know their own colour, even the 18mth old! I have 6 facecloths in each colour (a couple of quid from Wilko for a set) and use them for hand drying towels and face/hand wet wiping at the table. My own children have their own colour too and they always use their own even when I am not working.

funemnx
09-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Fab idea, and really good price too! :thumbsup:

cathtee
09-06-2012, 07:52 PM
I just have a pile of face cloths from asda, I paid £1 I think per pack of 4, bought a few packs leave them next to the sink and lo's just take one and dry and put them to wash then I wash them when I have some washing to do.:)

sarah707
09-06-2012, 07:54 PM
I just have a pile of face cloths from asda, I paid £1 I think per pack of 4, bought a few packs leave them next to the sink and lo's just take one and dry and put them to wash then I wash them when I have some washing to do.:)

I have the same - a big pile of face cloths :D

miffy
09-06-2012, 07:58 PM
I have the same - a big pile of face cloths :D

Me too but mine are from Ikea :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

jumpinjen
09-06-2012, 08:08 PM
You see - I like that idea but I haven't got room for a basket of dry clean ones and then a basket for the wet/dirty ones - my bathroom is teeny teeny!! And I tried just allocating a colour but they all used the red one cos they liked it best (sigh) so I'm trying again with pictures on this time (and the red towel allocated to my own children who will defend it's honour!!!! Or carry on drying their hands on their t-shirts as they run back to play - whatever! (even bigger sigh!)

Jen x

cathtee
09-06-2012, 08:16 PM
You see - I like that idea but I haven't got room for a basket of dry clean ones and then a basket for the wet/dirty ones - my bathroom is teeny teeny!! And I tried just allocating a colour but they all used the red one cos they liked it best (sigh) so I'm trying again with pictures on this time (and the red towel allocated to my own children who will defend it's honour!!!! Or carry on drying their hands on their t-shirts as they run back to play - whatever! (even bigger sigh!)

Jen x

I fold mine and put them on the corner of bath (which is next to sink) and the dirty ones, well!! we just chuck them in the bath:blush: :laughing:but not when ofsted are coming (we are tidy:laughing::laughing::laughing:)nobody uses our bath, we all have showers in seperate cubical:D

miffy
09-06-2012, 08:17 PM
I fold mine and put them on the corner of bath (which is next to sink) and the dirty ones, well!! we just chuck them in the bath:blush: :laughing:but not when ofsted are coming (we are tidy:laughing::laughing::laughing:)

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Miffy xx

chattercat
09-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the link, I have bought some.

SandCastles
09-06-2012, 10:32 PM
I already use these on the lo flannels (they have small hands, so have a small towel (flannel))
I typed on a sheet of A4 a pic of the child, their name and what colour clip they used then Ive stuck it over the basin.
Each child knows they have their own towel and enjoy seeing a pic of them on the loo walls!!
Ofsted loved it too!!

JulieA
10-06-2012, 08:41 AM

Me too! I have a whole bunch of white flannels folded up in a small crate which is kept next to the sink. The children use a clean one when they wash their hands and put it straight into the wash basket and they get washed as and when.

BucksCM
11-06-2012, 10:26 PM
I just have a different colour per child- they all know their own colour, even the 18mth old! I have 6 facecloths in each colour (a couple of quid from Wilko for a set) and use them for hand drying towels and face/hand wet wiping at the table. My own children have their own colour too and they always use their own even when I am not working.

Same here!!!:D Apart from my towels are either white or light blue. At the moment they are on hooks on the door and I have velcro squares on the door and on a laminated name tag. That way i have been able to change a name when needed. BUT the loops I sewed on to the towels are freying and getting old so these clips are going to be great!:D

BucksCM
11-06-2012, 10:29 PM
It didn't take you long to decide then!!!:laughing::laughing:
I'm thinking print and laminate pics with a good margin of plastic above it, hole punch then use stretchy elastic/cord to tie it firmly to the towel clips!
what do you reckon?

jen x

I think i might put velcro in the metal bit and then on the back of laminated names...I do that at the moment but to have them on the actual towel clips will also work.:D

jaswinder bedi
11-06-2012, 11:08 PM
[

Hi I just had a mission over this weekend to sort out my hand towel! Can't believe what I went through. I had to order towel dispenser from The eBay and had to request politely to husband to drill it the wall haha!! It worked .....or"........ Other thing you could do is just have lots of spare tea towels and pile it keep it on the shelf and they use it when they need it and goes to wash. Depends on individual budget!!! :rolleyes:

QUOTE=jumpinjen;1112141]I just ordered these:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=251066823569&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160
after a light bulb moment - my bathroom is waaaaay too tiny to have individual hooks on the wall with pictures of the children above them and anyways I don't want to sabotage my weekend haven with childminding stuff.... I digress...... I bought lovely bright coloured towels ages ago from ikea that are still in my airing cupboard unused until I thought aha - use tea towel clips to (somehow - haven't worked that bit out yet LOL) clip each child's pic to their towel and then I can hang them over the side of the bath whilst they are here and they may (I repeat may) actually use their own towel - yay!

very sad what pleases me, I know!

Jen :laughing::clapping:[/QUOTE]

GILLIAN H
12-06-2012, 04:11 PM
those clips a brilliant idea thanks :laughing:

zippy
12-06-2012, 07:02 PM
I just use kitchen towel I have it on a towel rail, easy peasy

Stapleton83
12-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Cool I like especially this was one of the things I was picked up on at my inspection and haven't found a way to sort yet as I like you didn't want to buy disposable paper towels!

Thanks

Sam

jaswinder bedi
12-06-2012, 07:57 PM
Kitchen towel holder wow what a great idea, x