PDA

View Full Version : Paperwork - How to organise it

Belly2009
07-06-2012, 09:17 PM
Hi,

So you can tell half term is nearly over and I've started thinking about paperwork again. I was registered late Feb and already beginning to panic about my first graded inspection.

I am looking for an organised way of filing and completing my paperwork....
Does anyone have any great ideas? I remember reading once that a childminder used one folder for all children with dividers and everything from contracts to medical info was there so if there was an serious accident she could just grab the wallet and have everything to hand. Is this how ppl organise themselves? I think this is a great idea!

So far I have
* Portfolio (prospectus type document which allows parents to see my setting, meals, typical day, fees, hours etc with important docs like ofsted cert etc)
*Health and safety folder - inc RA, Fire drills etc
*Policies and Procedures folder
*Child Record folders (Back of NCMA Accident/medication book) which holds contracts, medical forms, permission forms etc.

Suggestions pls!

miffy
08-06-2012, 09:44 AM
It doesn't matter how you do it as long as it works for you :)

I have a key-ring with a card for each child (with emergency contact details, medical info such as allergies and signed parental permission to seek emergency treatment) attached to it - this is with me through the working day and on outings so that is what I would take with me if there was an emergency.

Miffy xx

wellybelly
08-06-2012, 10:49 AM
It doesn't matter how you do it as long as it works for you :)

I have a key-ring with a card for each child (with emergency contact details, medical info such as allergies and signed parental permission to seek emergency treatment) attached to it - this is with me through the working day and on outings so that is what I would take with me if there was an emergency.

Miffy xx

Thats such a great idea! Have you laminated them? I think my key ring would be huge because theres so much stuff to have at hand :panic:

miffy
08-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Thats such a great idea! Have you laminated them? I think my key ring would be huge because theres so much stuff to have at hand :panic:

All laminated plus the front card is for me explaining I'm a cm and with my emergency contact/medical details.

I like this system because if I'm going out for the day I simply take the cards for the children who are with me and leave the rest at home

Miffy xx

cathtee
08-06-2012, 02:21 PM
All laminated plus the front card is for me explaining I'm a cm and with my emergency contact/medical details.

I like this system because if I'm going out for the day I simply take the cards for the children who are with me and leave the rest at home

Miffy xx

That's a great idea, i've bought a laminator today i might pinch that idea if you don't mind:blush:

LittleLegsCM
08-06-2012, 07:19 PM

Miffy xx

Hey Hun,
Probably sounds cheeky but I love your idea too, would you mind sharing a picture of how you done it? Obviously blanking out info!

Lems
08-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Hey Hun,
Probably sounds cheeky but I love your idea too, would you mind sharing a picture of how you done it? Obviously blanking out info!

I was just thinking this:blush::blush:
Sounds a great idea.