PDA

View Full Version : My response to Ms Truss response today

Penny1959
07-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Not wanting ET to forget who I am - or what she put in her email

I have put together a reply - maybe a little rambling (but you try potty training at same time - on and off the potty, up and down the stairs, clean pants, mop up accidents - so not surporising really that a little dis jointed)

Any wy our friends at Childcare journal are putting on their facebook page again (many thanks to CCJ)

As usual attached on here for you to see

Penny :)

loocyloo
07-06-2012, 04:38 PM
excellent as usual penny!

well done. :clapping:

hope you get an informed and quick reply.

xxx

sarah707
07-06-2012, 05:03 PM
You have certainly given her some things to think about there Penny! :thumbsup:

:D

funemnx
07-06-2012, 05:12 PM
All great points put forward Penny! :thumbsup:

sandy64
07-06-2012, 05:33 PM
thanks penny i hope she takes on board your letter and you get a rapid reply and thanks for your support:)

miffy
07-06-2012, 05:39 PM
It will be interesting to read her reply.

Thanks Penny for sharing with us

Miffy xx

BucksCM
07-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Thank you Penny for taking the time to do all this.:clapping:
I

oakie dokie
12-06-2012, 12:32 PM
I am trying to catch up, having not turned my laptop on in some months due to the lack of speed it takes to get on line (up to an hour) , the main pc being upstairs and unable to go on whilst working!
Anyway here i am and helping our cause where I can!

Printed out the poster to pass on the other CM, quite shocked to have a reply "good" I'm glad we are being de-regulated about time, I know the man personally and he says the changes are for the better, she was told this over a year ago from a man who she knows but doesn't know his name? who works with the education secretary? returned home to a message on answer phone, this was just her opinion and for me not to spread it around, at this point I explained the situation and have sent her some links to some interesting reading.

When you are challenged like this, a little self doubt creeps in.

Anyway sorry for not being here in the beginning but I'm here now!

:thumbsup:

Boris
12-06-2012, 12:38 PM
:clapping:Brilliant Penny! I don't know how you find the time. You're amazing! x

christine e
12-06-2012, 12:57 PM
here here Penny:clapping:

Stapleton83
12-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Penny,

Many thanks for this I had a very interesting conversation with the playleader who runs the pre-school I am Chair for. She made a couple of really valid points:
- How can you de-regulate childminding as there is then a complete lack of continuity between childcare providers in terms of developing the next generation
-If they want to allow childminders to offer the free 15 hours of childcare then surely they can't deregulate them as how would they check to ensure quality of education.

Given her background I thought it was really insightful, let's hope Ms Truss listens to reason at the end of the day this is our future both as childminders and as a country she is talking about.

Sam x

wendywu
12-06-2012, 03:36 PM
Great down to earth and to the point letter Penny. Well done :D

Penny1959
12-06-2012, 04:44 PM
Thank you all your comments. Not had a reply from Ms Truss yet.
On my hols at the moment and trying to keep up with things via my phone (no internet here other than phone)

Will be continuing with my mission of letter writing to Ms
Truss - Mr House on my return home.

Penny :)

sarah707
12-06-2012, 05:03 PM
I am trying to catch up, having not turned my laptop on in some months due to the lack of speed it takes to get on line (up to an hour) , the main pc being upstairs and unable to go on whilst working!
Anyway here i am and helping our cause where I can!

Printed out the poster to pass on the other CM, quite shocked to have a reply "good" I'm glad we are being de-regulated about time, I know the man personally and he says the changes are for the better, she was told this over a year ago from a man who she knows but doesn't know his name? who works with the education secretary? returned home to a message on answer phone, this was just her opinion and for me not to spread it around, at this point I explained the situation and have sent her some links to some interesting reading.

When you are challenged like this, a little self doubt creeps in.

Anyway sorry for not being here in the beginning but I'm here now!

:thumbsup:

I have absolutely no self doubt because I know that while Ofsted are less than perfect any other scenario means huge change... me not be on an equal footing with other early years settings... me having to give a percentage of my daily income to someone to do the job I am currently doing... me not being in charge of my own business... and much more!

:D