PDA

View Full Version : NVQ interview

Banana
06-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Have got my interview confirmed for the 19th august for the CCLD. Feel a bit nervous about it.

What do they ask you at the interviews? Any help people? Not been for a college interview before, job interviews are no problem but this is actually daunting. I feel a bit out of my depth. Im not a stupid person but I've never felt like a really intelligent person either and im worried the tutor might think im thick.

What do they want to know?

x

oakie dokie
06-06-2008, 11:58 AM
hi lana, ours was not an interview but we did do a maths and literacy test, literacy i failed on! so had to do a literacy course along side of it, which of couse im flying along ahead because it was just nervs on the day. i went on a site called move on and you can do some test papers on there and they give you your score at the end and its the same type of questions that our in the exam. so you could try a few tests at level 2 and see how you get on maths and english. lots of questions to try and catch you out so you will know what to look for. things like i past my test, should be passed and doctors practice and i will practise for the test. do you see? tricky

hazelx

manjay
06-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Mine was not an "interview" either as such. My assessor comes from the college to my house so it was a very informal chat as much to see if I could get on with her as she will be spending alot of time in my house. I like her a lot and I am now not at all phased about the observations she has to do. I also did the langauge and literacy tests, again these were not to catch you out but to see if you need further support to do the course. My daughter has just done pretty much the same thing as part of her registration at college.

You will be fine. Do not worry

hello kitty
06-06-2008, 01:05 PM
I had an interview at the college and she spent most of the time talking about her cats!! Very very informal don't worry. I think they like to see what sort of person you are to be honest.

Had my induction last night which just consisted of a literacy and numeracy test. Again very informal. Very little info given out either verbally or by way of any sort of pack. Going back again next week so hopefully I should get a bit more info then.

avril
06-06-2008, 03:26 PM
We had an induction evening but not an interview.

Good luck, you'll be fine:thumbsup:

Banana
06-06-2008, 04:51 PM
OMG,

literacy test....... no problems there, im good with english (not that you would gather that from the way I post lol)

but maths - i cant do it, numbers terrify me! :panic: oh im gonna be stupid !

I have a meeting with the tutor and have to take all my application forms along. I really hope its just a chat to start with!

x

miffy
06-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Mine was an informal chat with one of the tutors - nothing to worry about really

We did do a grammar test once we'd started but fortunately no maths test

I'm sure you'll be fine - just remember they need people to take the courses - that's what I said to myself anyway :)

miffy xx