PDA

View Full Version : DHC Multiple Choice Exam Paper

mummyof3
06-06-2008, 10:08 AM
Hi Has anyone done this exam paper recently? :eek:

I have done a few online and some from a book and we got one last night to practice but i'm finding it so hard!! I just don't understand the way they word the questions they are so confusing why can't they just say it in simple english!! I always get around 18/25 and I know that is a pass but what if I got that one wrong and it ended up as a fail.

Surely I should be able to pass this I have three children!!:panic:

Blaze
06-06-2008, 10:11 AM
That may be your problem...your answering as a parent...not as a professional childcare provider...makes a big difference...just something to consider! Good luck...I'm sure you'll be fine!:thumbsup:

caralynd
06-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Where can you practice online? Im too finding the wording quite tricky!!

SimplyLucy
06-06-2008, 06:56 PM
I'm due to do this at the end of the month.

Can someone post a link where I can have a go online.

It's a year since I did my ICP so I'm very nervous about it already!

Pipsqueak
06-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Blaze is right - you need to answer it from a (novice) CM point of view. We done a mock one a while ago and I agree its tough as we all answered it from experienced CM.s/Parents!

Read the questions carefully, trust your gut, leave something if you aren't sure then come back to it.

cornetjo
09-06-2008, 11:18 AM
I did it at the beginning of May and was very nervous as I hadnt done well in the mocks. But I passed. It was a lot easier than I thought. None of the "box" questions, and the others were worded well. The mocks tend to be older examples and the newer ones are worded more user friendly. There was only about 2 I was not sure of and just guessed, as any one of the answers would have been correct. I was confident when I came out of the exam that I had done well.

I am sure you will be fine.

MissTinkerbell
09-06-2008, 07:06 PM
I did mine at the end of May so am awaiting my results. I did really well in the mocks getting 23/25 and 24/25 but when it came to the real thing I'm really not confident at all, as there was about 6 that I think could have been 1 of 2 answers. On the plus side there were no statement questions which I found really hard.

I will say what others have said - do not answer it from a parent's point of view, you really must answer from a childcarer point of view.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine.

tinytigers
10-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Hi there

I was really worried about my exam as I struggled with the wording. I put everything on hold as I thought I was going to fail, however hey ho I have passed. Had results this morning.

I am waiting for CIS to ring me now to find out the next steps.

Jane