PDA

View Full Version : Physical Development - not directly child's own

hollyberry
05-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Hi all

Got a few pics I'm putting in to do observations, as follows:
- my 10yo DD pushing 13mo around in a large cardboard box, him grinning and really enjoying it
- 16mo enjoying being pushed in a swing.

This is enjoyment of physical movement, but not of their OWN bodies moving - but they are being moved about in something. For the life of me I can't see anything that says 'enjoys experiencing movement from sources such as swings, roundabouts, slides'.

Any ideas which bit of PD would work best?

At most I am trying make something fit which doesn't really fit....

moggy
05-06-2012, 02:01 PM
I would put both under PSED- it is enjoying something with others, making relationships, disposition and attitudes, in my opinion.
PD is more the gross and fine motor skills etc of the child.

The Juggler
05-06-2012, 03:13 PM
Hi all

Got a few pics I'm putting in to do observations, as follows:
- my 10yo DD pushing 13mo around in a large cardboard box, him grinning and really enjoying it
- 16mo enjoying being pushed in a swing.

This is enjoyment of physical movement, but not of their OWN bodies moving - but they are being moved about in something. For the life of me I can't see anything that says 'enjoys experiencing movement from sources such as swings, roundabouts, slides'.

Any ideas which bit of PD would work best?

At most I am trying make something fit which doesn't really fit....

there is a great article in nursery world last week and in their equipment supplement about how great swinging and moving/being moved is for brain development hon. So him enjoying this type of movement WILL help develop his own PD. It's not in EYFS but see if you can access the NW archive or google it.

In EYFS will probably come under 'need/enjoyment of moving body' (can't remember exact wording) :thumbsup:

sarah707
05-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Don't forget psed - making friends as well! :D