PDA

View Full Version : Level 3 - SHC 32 - Personal development

Muckypups
04-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Hello ladies ( and any gents ) I am stuck on a question on my level 3 SHC 32. The question is : "Demonstrate how to work with others to review and prioritise own learning needs, professional interests and development opportunities "

Any tips at all would be gratefully accepted so far I have put .....

I truly believe that to develop your own personal development plan you need to review your plans with experienced and qualified individuals that can advise you on the best solution for your development. Whetherthis be ( in my case ) the NCMA, OFSTED, my network co-ordinator, West Sussex County Council, LSCB. They can all help to identify any learning needs in relation to my job taking into account my past experience, trainings and progression. They also can advice on future development opportunities such as training, other qualifications to build up your career. Then, as stated in the EYFS framework, it is my own responsibility to develop your knowledge, skills and competence.

Because I am on the network I meet annually with my co-ordinator and we look at the training and developments I have made since the last meeting and discuss new actions and training needs for the following year and we put timescales on reviewing these. This could be for personal development but also essential training due to changes in legislation etc.

Am I on the right track or I am barking up completely the wrong tree ?? Thank you so much in advance

sarah707
05-06-2012, 05:00 PM
You also visit the forum - that's working with others - and use knowledge gained from other childminders to support your business.

You continually assess your learning needs by writing your SEF and ask advice from your local bods about how to access training which you have identified.

Do you buy books / e-books about aspects of childminding you want to improve? that's another area of working with others to identify needs.

Hth :D