PDA

View Full Version : Son finished Uni :(

Chimps Childminding
02-06-2012, 04:08 PM
Just picked DS1 up for the last time from Uni! He has finished his 3 years and is now back home for good (well until he decides otherwise :()!! As lovely as it is for us it will be strange for him :( he has been sharing a house with the same 5 lads for the past 3 years and its going to feel odd for him not going back!!

Good to have him home though :) Although I may not be saying that in a couple of days when his once tidy bedroom looks like a Student pad :rolleyes:

Not sure what he is going to do job wise yet, but he is lucky in that he has worked at McDonalds since he was at school and gone back during the holidays, so they have kept a job open for him until he sorts out what he is doing!

Anyone else's son/daughter finishing Uni this time?

Mouse
02-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Yes, mine is finishing as well. He handed in his last piece of work this week, so that's it. It doesn't seem two minutes since we were dropping him off!

He moved away from home when he went to uni, so has only ever come home for short visits. He's moving house in a couple of weeks time to one nearer where he's going to be working. Luckily he has a job lined up to go straight into :thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
02-06-2012, 05:07 PM
Yes, mine is finishing as well. He handed in his last piece of work this week, so that's it. It doesn't seem two minutes since we were dropping him off!He moved away from home when he went to uni, so has only ever come home for short visits. He's moving house in a couple of weeks time to one nearer where he's going to be working. Luckily he has a job lined up to go straight into :thumbsup:

I remember it well - sobbed my heart out all the way home :blush: He has been home for every holiday aand some week-ends as his gf lives up here, so still seen lots of him, but it will be strange having him home full time!! Just hoping he gets a job and hasn't wasted the last 3 years :rolleyes:

sarah707
03-06-2012, 07:49 AM
Hopefully he will find himself a job soon and want to be independent again! :D