PDA

View Full Version : Category 3 ofsted visit

chattercat
01-06-2012, 07:13 PM
I am looking for some information about a category 3 ofsted visit for another Childminder?

She came home today and had a note from ofsted through the door. She rang them and they wouldn't tell her anything as the named person was not available to speak to her.

I think it might be someone has reported her, can anyone confirm that please?

Beckieboo
01-06-2012, 07:20 PM
didnt want to read and run but i have never heard of a catergry 3, im sure someone will be along soon.

sarah707
01-06-2012, 07:31 PM
OFSTED categorises complaints for schools as follows. I think it's the same for childminders... has she upset a neighbour or someone local recently?

• Category 1 – complaints relating to safeguarding.

• Category 2 – qualifying complaints from parents/carers of registered pupils at the school which is the subject of the complaint.

• Category 3 – qualifying complaints from people other than registered parents, for example, anyone who lives or works near to the school or parents who do not give OFSTED permission to confirm with the school that they are a registered parent.

• Category 4 – non-qualifying complaints.

Hugs to your friend xx

chattercat
01-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Thanks, I will ask her.

Smiley
03-06-2012, 10:09 AM
Category 3 is classed as medium risk and the least concern as there are only 3 in total. It can just be regarding ratios, try not to worry, I have sent you a PM

chattercat
03-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Thanks for all your help.

I have sent your info to my friend and she is feeling a bit better about it. I will update when she informs us what happened.

pinky33
05-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Yes cat 3 is low safeguarding, still serious though (had 2 of these this year)

chattercat
06-06-2012, 09:34 PM
She spoke to Ofsted today and someone had complained that she was over her numbers one day last week, they wouldn't give their name. She is just waiting to hear back if they will close the complaint.

Thanks for everyones help :)