PDA

View Full Version : Almost ran over a kid this evening...

EmmaReed84
31-05-2012, 04:47 PM
:panic: I was doing my school run and as I was driving up towards one school I saw this kid run across the road over the raised speed hump... This kid didn't look at all, just ran across, as I got to the speed doing 10mph this kid then turned on his heels and ran back in to the road and on my bonnet :panic: :eek: I didn't hit him I breaked the second I saw him turn as I was watching him and just knew what was about to happen, he turned, ran out and when he stopped his hands went on my car.

He looked like the older end of primary school... My instant reaction was to shout. I only had to go a few meters up the road to my Nans house. I got out and my friend who is also a minder saw me and asked if I was ok. Apparently I was so pale and shaking like a leaf! It all happened so fast... I just thank god I was watching that child and stopped when I did...

What really angered me was when I looked back in my mirror the kids were all laughing :angry: I am going to that school tomorrow and telling them what happened... This is not the first time the older children have run out and almost been hit by various other drivers! :panic:

Kiddleywinks
31-05-2012, 04:57 PM
We had some kids locally playing 'chicken' a few weeks ago, I did have to laugh though when one of them ran into the road straight in front of a police car!

Thankfully, it was a very straight road, and well known in the area for this sort of antic, it amazes me noone's been badly hurt, or worse before now

Hope you've calmed down Emma, and maybe report it to the police as a concern too.

md0u0131
31-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Hope you're OK now, this happened to me a while back with some secondary school kids (Y7ish). Luckily I was in the car on my own so I went straight into their school and ended up talking to one of the deputy heads.

francinejayne
31-05-2012, 08:43 PM
This happened to me too and I shouted at the girl who at the time was in year 8. She then turned on me, shouting and swearing, standing in front of my car and refusing to move, threatening me, calling me a fat cow (I was 8.5 months pregnant at the time).

I rang the school on my mobile and the head teacher came straight away, he made sure I was OK and apologised profusely.

He called me the next day to check I was OK and told me what actions they had put in place - the girl had done this a few times before, always abusing and threatening the person in the car. She wrote to me (via the school) apologising, as did her mother!

Cutting a long story short, she did it again to another driver, and was expelled from school!

EmmaReed84
01-06-2012, 05:02 AM
This happened to me too and I shouted at the girl who at the time was in year 8. She then turned on me, shouting and swearing, standing in front of my car and refusing to move, threatening me, calling me a fat cow (I was 8.5 months pregnant at the time).

I rang the school on my mobile and the head teacher came straight away, he made sure I was OK and apologised profusely.

He called me the next day to check I was OK and told me what actions they had put in place - the girl had done this a few times before, always abusing and threatening the person in the car. She wrote to me (via the school) apologising, as did her mother!

Cutting a long story short, she did it again to another driver, and was expelled from school!

What a shame that she has not learned that a car is a lot harder than her and if it was to hit her... she would be the one to break, not the car. Yougnsters seem to have no idea and no respect! :panic:

nikstars
11-06-2012, 08:20 PM
Sorry to hear what happened that must have really shook you up, i was driving home from work recently and some lads were coming up in the middle of the road (towards me) on their bikes and were swerving in and out of the traffic they only looked about 11 and it really scared me. But obviously this was a new thing to do as a few days later it happened to me again in a different area. What is it about some of these kids they think there invincible :angry: and do they ever stop to think about the lives of the drivers they are also putting at risk