PDA

View Full Version : NCMA contracts questions

SJ35
31-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Hi, I'm trying to fill in a contract for the first time and I'm getting confused!
Can anyone help with the following?

1- deposit- I take a 2 week deposit which is taken towards the first months fees. This will be £147 and I have entered it in the reservation deposit part. Then tick the box that will count towards childminding fees. But then on page 3 of contract it says "deposit held" do I put No? As it says underneath it that the deposit will be held til end of contract, which it won't be?

2-additional charges section on page three.
Hours outside contracted hours? These are just normal hours right? Just within the 7.30am-6pm day?
Occasional unsocial and occasional childminding? Can I just leave these blank? Or do I put a specific amount or put to be discussed?

3- charges for absences- due to child illness , do I just put full? And parent time off? Again do I just put full fees and to be discussed in the weeks part as we can't know what time they will take off ?

4- payment day? She wants to pay monthly but is unsure of dates as when tax credits come through she wants to pay then. Can she just pay cash on the first day of care each week until we know when tax credits will be going in then change to bank transfer? If so what to I put on payment day section as it will change soon?

Thanks so much if you've made it this far !! And I promise I'm not usually this dim!!:blush:

Stacey

christine e
31-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Hi, I'm trying to fill in a contract for the first time and I'm getting confused!

1- deposit- I take a 2 week deposit which is taken towards the first months fees. This will be £147 and I have entered it in the reservation deposit part. Then tick the box that will count towards childminding fees. But then on page 3 of contract it says "deposit held" do I put No? As it says underneath it that the deposit will be held til end of contract, which it won't be?
Write in £147 to be held until end of contract
Hours outside contracted hours? These are just normal hours right? Just within the 7.30am-6pm day?
Yes I would say so but you could add this if you want to make it really clear
Occasional unsocial and occasional childminding? Can I just leave these blank? Or do I put a specific amount or put to be discussed?
Yes you could write something like to be agreed upon, if and when required

3- charges for absences- due to child illness , do I just put full? And parent time off? Again do I just put full fees and to be discussed in the weeks part as we can't know what time they will take off ?
I charge full for child illness and parent occasional days off and holidays but write in whatever you decide on either full, half fee or nothing

4- payment day? She wants to pay monthly but is unsure of dates as when tax credits come through she wants to pay then. Can she just pay cash on the first day of care each week until we know when tax credits will be going in then change to bank transfer? If so what to I put on payment day section as it will change soon?
I would put in the date that it is going to be once things have settled down

Thanks so much if you've made it this far !! And I promise I'm not usually this dim!!:blush:
Stacey

contracts are always difficult even after 20 years as they are always changing and we don't complete them that often

rickysmiths
31-05-2012, 03:37 PM

If you are not holding the Deposit then don't enter it in this box.

Personally I always take a four weeks fees Deposit and hold it until the end of the Contract so they can't up and leave without paying the notice period. I then have in my fees policy that if they reduce the hours in the first 6 months they loss that portion of the Deposit and if they leave completely in the first 6 months they loose the deposit and pay for the last four weeks notice. If they fail to pay the last months fees in this kind of instance then childcare stops instantly.

Hours outside contracted hours? These are just normal hours right? Just within the 7.30am-6pm day? Yes

I just put N/A (not applicable)

3- charges for absences- due to child illness , do I just put full? Yes I put FULL FEE And parent time off? Again do I just put full fees and to be discussed in the weeks part as we can't know what time they will take off ? Again FULL FEE and as far as I'm concerned they can take as many weeks as they like because they are paying me anyway

I am always paid on the 1st Month and this is what I would put in the Contract. Not my problem about the tax credits.

But what you could do is write a note on letter headed paper and attach it to the Contract saying that for the first ..... weeks I am happy to accept weekly payment in cash on the first day of care each week. If payment is not made on the first day then childcare will not be given until full payment for the week is made.

Stacey

I hope this helps.

Carol M
31-05-2012, 03:46 PM
These are the new NCMA contracts? I haven't done one yet!
1.I take a deposit to reserve place and tick to say will be used against first 4 weeks fees. I will be adding that deposit is non-refundable if place isn't taken up on agreed start date and that if contract is ended by parents in the first 4 weeks of contract , usually my settling period where no notice is required, there is no refund of fees from the 4 weeks paid. If I end in first 4 weeks I refund. I don't hold a deposit till the end of contract and payment is always in advance.
2.Additional charges.
I have a daily rate which is less than an hourly rate so I would put £3.50 for additional hours from contracted ones.
I put specific £ for unsocial hours and usually N/A for occasional hours unless it's an ad-hoc contract where again my hourly rate is higher.
I have a fees policy which states unsocial hours are by arrangement and I think on the new NCMA contracts there is a place where parents agree all your P&P and they form part of the contract.
3. I write "Contract hours" here
Holidays are in another section?
4. I would write in the agreed date that it will be when she has sorted her payments, you can always ammend it later if you need to.
HTH
Carol x

SJ35
31-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Thanks so much for your replies :)
She's coming to sign contracts on tuesday - fingers crossed- and this will be my first mindee! Only three days 7.45-2.45 but it's a start :)
Thanks again
Stacey

Rubybubbles
31-05-2012, 08:56 PM
great advice given.

The newest NCMA contracts are 4 pages long, and a bit more information on (I was impressed heehee)