PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted gives 'satisfactory' rating a reprieve

Shivvie
31-05-2012, 10:02 AM
It is staying for the time being apparently. Just copied this from Nursery World:

Ofsted has published a report on responses to the consultation, which includes the views of early years providers, member organisations, and local authorities.

Ofsted also consulted parents through its parents’ panel and a survey carried out by the National Foundation for Educational Research.

The report said, ‘In the light of comments received , we intend to retain the current judgements of "satisfactory" and "inadequate" for the time being. We intend to consider this issue further at a later stage.’

http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/news/rss/1134755/Ofsted-gives-satisfactory-rating-reprieve/

:)

sarah707
31-05-2012, 10:11 AM
A lot of new childminders were worried about this one and the possible implications, especially if they are not re-inspected for some years.

Thank you for posting Shivvie :D

The Juggler
31-05-2012, 01:27 PM
not so for schools though. I was at governors training last night. needs improvement and satisfactory are both to be replaced with 'requires improvement'

From now satisfactory will be judged not good enough.

However, like us CM's I think those schools should be given the chance to be reinspected before the change if they are satisfactory now.

miffy
31-05-2012, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the link.

It also mentions the short summary reports, another cost cutting measure I wonder?

Miffy xx