PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Torch

Heaven Scent
31-05-2012, 06:03 AM
Well I've just come in from decorating the front of the house for when the torch passes the house at 8.55 - the town will close down in about an hour and my two have to leave for school at 7.20.

Bloomin typical of our great British weather its drizling but so long as that's all it does then it shouldn't be too bad a day.

Anyway that's the Bunting, ( plus flags Balloons & bows :blush:) up for The Torch, the Jubilee, The European Cup and lastly the Olympics themselves. - Jobs a guddun!!!

If I ever work out how to do it I'll post a photo later!!!

ajs
31-05-2012, 06:10 AM
Well I've just come in from decorating the front of the house for when the torch passes the house at 8.55 - the town will close down in about an hour and my two have to leave for school at 7.20.

Bloomin typical of our great British weather its drizling but so long as that's all it does then it shouldn't be too bad a day.

Anyway that's the Bunting, ( plus flags Balloons & bows :blush:) up for The Torch, the Jubilee, The European Cup and lastly the Olympics themselves. - Jobs a guddun!!!

Lucky you, the torc doesn't come through our town it skims the outskirts going to th coast in Lincolnshire. Although I know two of the three people who have the honour of running with it

nell57
31-05-2012, 06:18 AM

Don't forget have you're non-alcoholic cocktail ready :p:laughing: (sorry:D)

It is a great atmospher though, just watching it live, can't believe how many local folk are up to watch it this early in the morning.

Heaven Scent
31-05-2012, 06:40 AM
Not Happy that its just me and 2 mindees - ALL of the schools here are closed till 11.00 except for those sitting exams in the High Schools but my 2 have had to get on a 7.20 bus to stand at the back of a crowd with their school they could have had a perfect view from the front windows of our house - Bloomin' Typical of the Nanny state where the state think they know best for the nations Children - really cheesed off - parents have had up to 10 emails and Txts to threaten families with the action they will take should children not turn up an hour early for school - This in my opinion is a historical moment - when will the olympic torch pass their house again in their life times ?????? - not a happy bunny about that!!!

Heaven Scent
31-05-2012, 06:40 AM
Don't forget have you're non-alcoholic cocktail ready :p:laughing: (sorry:D)

It is a great atmospher though, just watching it live, can't believe how many local folk are up to watch it this early in the morning.

Where are you watching it live?

nell57
31-05-2012, 06:44 AM
Where are you watching it live?

bbc breakfast, it keeps following it live randomly :thumbsup:

sarah707
31-05-2012, 07:15 AM
Nige just sent me this link :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchrelay/day13

angeldelight
31-05-2012, 07:16 AM

How exciting hope you get to post a pic

Angel xx

mama2three
31-05-2012, 07:39 AM
Lucky you, the torc doesn't come through our town it skims the outskirts going to th coast in Lincolnshire. Although I know two of the three people who have the honour of running with it

Mandy come and watch it with us , goes right past the house:D

nell57
31-05-2012, 09:02 AM
Nige just sent me this link :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/torchrelay/day13

That's a great link, my older mindees have been enjoying tracking the relay and this is a lot better one, than what we've been looking at, thanks Nige:D

Are you going to see the relay Sarah?

sarah707
31-05-2012, 10:10 AM
That's a great link, my older mindees have been enjoying tracking the relay and this is a lot better one, than what we've been looking at, thanks Nige:D

Are you going to see the relay Sarah?

I've just watched it going through town... saw some mindees waving the flags we made yesterday which was nice! :clapping:

I was warm and dry in my computer chair it's a big soggy out there! :laughing: :D

pinkrabbit
31-05-2012, 01:33 PM
The schools in our area are allowing children to start late the day the Olympic flame comes near us to allow parents to take children to see it.

francinejayne
31-05-2012, 03:31 PM
I've just watched it go through our village, it was fabulous!

Beckieboo
31-05-2012, 07:29 PM
It came through Warrington too today, it was brilliant, im so glad we went xx :)

mushpea
31-05-2012, 07:52 PM
I know Im being thick but how do you find out which towns its going through?

Beckieboo
31-05-2012, 08:05 PM
It will tell you on the olympic torch website x

md0u0131
31-05-2012, 08:08 PM
It's going through our village on June 19th which is MEGA exciting as nothing ever happens in our village! Me and the littlies will be there waving flags whatever the weather!

tulip0803
31-05-2012, 09:41 PM
We watched it go past on Sunday - 2 year old mindee confused about it and more impressed with bus! 2 daughters enjoyed it. Luckily we had gorgeous weather.

LOOPYLISA
31-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Going past the end of our road on 16th July, think alot of the schools are popping out to see it etc :thumbsup:

mrs_scottydog
31-05-2012, 09:50 PM
We've got to wait until 7th July! But can't complain as I live on the main road where it will be going and the route starts about 100 yards from my house. Hx

PixiePetal
01-06-2012, 05:55 AM
Going past the end of our road on 16th July, think alot of the schools are popping out to see it etc :thumbsup:

Then on to my local town on the 17th :) I have the day off anyway so might go in to see it while shopping :thumbsup:

Two Princesses
02-06-2012, 02:35 PM
it goes through our town on 8th July, which is handy as I come back from holiday the day before :D

Heaven Scent
02-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Trying to up load some photos so hopefully it will work

Heaven Scent
02-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Yeah that's a first for me 3 pics - all nearly the same - sorry- going to try 3 more but different ones - fingers crossed. - It won't let me upload the photos from my camera the ones uploaded so far are from my phone