PDA

View Full Version : Blue Peter

It's a small world
29-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Hi just had to share. DS (8) wrote a story about surviving the Titanic disaster as a child. He asked if he could send it into Blue Peter as they were doing a special programme covering a 100 years since the tragedy happened, Anyway yesterday he recieved a letter from the BBC with this inside ....

Bless him he was so proud and couldn't wait to show his friends and teachers x

Penny1959
29-05-2012, 08:15 PM
That is so nice - I never got one as a child but my one DD did - and she was very proud as well.

Penny :)

miffy
29-05-2012, 08:16 PM
Lovely - well done him! :clapping:

Miffy xx

Pipsqueak
29-05-2012, 08:48 PM
oh that is fab:clapping::clapping:

am well jealous!! ;)

can we read the story as well?

(i always wanted a Jim'll Fix it badge and must have written loads of letters with wilder and wilder requests !lol)

BucksCM
29-05-2012, 11:52 PM
oh that is fab:clapping::clapping:

am well jealous!! ;)

can we read the story as well?

(i always wanted a Jim'll Fix it badge and must have written loads of letters with wilder and wilder requests !lol)

There's a thread I'd like to read!!:laughing::D

EmmaReed84
30-05-2012, 05:17 AM
:eek: OMG I can't actually tell you how jealous I am! I have always (still do) wanted a BP Badge!

Well done :clapping:

ajs
30-05-2012, 06:28 AM
:eek: OMG I can't actually tell you how jealous I am! I have always (still do) wanted a BP Badge!

Well done :clapping:

My dd was sent one too for writing in and telling them of a scouting adventure she had in Sweden when she was 12

EmmaReed84
30-05-2012, 06:43 AM
My dd was sent one too for writing in and telling them of a scouting adventure she had in Sweden when she was 12

Oh do you think if I write in and tell them about the time I met the queen when I was about 12 I would get a badge... even though I am 28 lol! I have a picture to prove it ha ha ha

It's a small world
30-05-2012, 10:12 AM
Here is the story PIP just for you. Hope you enjoy it ?

x

guest3
30-05-2012, 01:14 PM
Here is the story PIP just for you. Hope you enjoy it ?

x

What a fantastic piece of writing and "Well done" to your DS for getting his Blue Peter badge :thumbsup:

It's a small world
15-08-2012, 08:24 PM
Both ds (8 and 4) did a perspective picture (make you look like your doing something unbelievable ie: sat in a cup or being picked up bu a giant. All done by the way you take the photo) as they were doing on Blue Peter weeks ago. Anyway , ds's decided they wanted to do one so , took them out and did a few pictures and emailed them to Blue Peter. Got a reply asking for my permission to have their photos on their website :eek: and low and behold the next day ds's were on the CBBC Blue Peter website. Spoke to a lovely lady at Blue Peter who said they loved their pictures. Roll on today and I got another email saying as they had their pics on the website they were going to award ds's with a badge:clapping: Now as my eldest has already got a Blue Peter badge for his story we think he may just get a Silver Blue Peter bagde. Both boys really chuffed. I have added the link - hope thats ok ?
My two are the ones the bikes :blush:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/articles/your-perspective-photos

Tippy Toes
15-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Aw thats great! :clapping:

loocyloo
16-08-2012, 07:32 AM
thats fantastic!

i love those photos :D

Paulab
16-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Aw fab story & fab pictures x

It's a small world
16-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Thanks guys.

Just had an email to confirm that because my eldest already has a blue badge, he will actually recieve a silver Blue Peter badge. This has made his day and he is now working on his third badge lol x