PDA

View Full Version : Portfolio - CRB's

JoRo163
29-05-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm putting together my portfolio and I don't know what the usual practise is for this. Having worked in nurseries, I know that they do not keep copies on CRB's on site, but just record the CRB number.

Do you put a copy of your CRB in your folder, or just the number?

Thanks!

pinkellifun
29-05-2012, 12:59 PM
I have put a copy of mine in just as a reassurance to parents when they come to look at it.

HTH

JoRo163
29-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Thats what I'm thinking, but I just wanted to check that is the norm!

rickysmiths
29-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Your actual CRB document is none of any of your parents business and I would not, if I had one (I've been a cm too long!!) show it to parents. The reason nurseries don't have them is because they belong to the individual members of staff not the nursery.

As a childminder we would not be Registered by Ofsted if we had not passed the correct checks. I have never even been asked by a parent to see a CRB. I also do not have my dh or children's ones in a folder for parents to see. if a parent ever queried it I would advise them to speak to Ofsted with regard to mine and my families suitability.

EmmaReed84
29-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Someone once said you actually do not need to even keep it as Ofsted have done what they needed to do with it and actually as long as Ofsted deemed you as suitable then that is all it if for... not for parents to nosey over... (Not sure how true it is about keeping it)

I do keep mine in my portfolio, not for any other reason then I know I would lose it and again not knowing if we HAVE to keep it or not I would rather be safe than sorry.

sarah707
29-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Ours (mine, dd, ds, partner, partners' 2 x ds) are all in my portfolio - I am proud of them as they show parents that we are professionals.

I also keep them there so I don't lose them :laughing: :D

JoRo163
29-05-2012, 08:35 PM
Tbanks everyone - I think I'll keep them in.