PDA

View Full Version : NCMA discount EYFS packs?

leopardlady
28-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Another childminder has told me ncma members can get the new 2012 eyfs Pack at a reduced price. I can't find anything on the website. Can anyone enlighten me please?

christine e
03-06-2012, 09:42 PM
Another childminder has told me ncma members can get the new 2012 eyfs Pack at a reduced price. I can't find anything on the website. Can anyone enlighten me please?

NCMA are in the process of having hard copies printed and should be available soon.

Cx

Ali56
04-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Will you be given one when you attend your training briefing? On our invite to training we have been told that we'll be given one-I hope so! Just a thought to maybe save some cash!

cathtee
04-06-2012, 03:50 PM
We have had to download our own as there is to be no hard copies,:mad: not happy as it is at least 31 pages long, and have been told to take it with us to our 1 and a half hour briefing session.

bunyip
17-06-2012, 09:42 AM
I printed the new EYFS documents off the interwebnet, punched and bound them in a 70p ringbinder. Job done. Don't see the fuss. The real time-killer is reading it, not printing it!!!

Within the EYFS online shop, you'll find a book titled EYFS and You , due for publication in July. According to the blurb, it "has been created to support registered childminders in delivering the revised EYFS framework."

The same page notes that, "Members will soon have the opportunity to purchase printed, bound copies of the official framework documents.... for £5.50." I understand NCMA have cleared this with the Crown Copyright holders.

As with the current EYFS, some bright sparks are cashing in by selling hard copies of the revised EYFS on eBay. I find this so disappointing, as the buyers (and probably some sellers also) are clearly Early Years "professionals" breaching copyright for their own profit. And before someone points out that the EYFS documents are covered by the Open Government Licence, yes, I do know that. But the licence does not permit the reproduction of pictures and logos, so they are breaking the rules on intellectual property rights.

What a fine example to the children.:(