PDA

View Full Version : fees

mumof3
05-06-2008, 11:02 AM
hi everyone, im just after a bit of advice i don't have any mindees yet but i have put my fees down as follows can you please tell me if you think they are reasonable. i am in the coventry area.
full time (min 8 hrs max 10 hrs) £2.75 ph
part time (min 6 hrs) £3.00 ph
before school £5.00
after school £5.00
this is inclusive of all meals and snacks

thoughts appreciated
staceyxx

katickles
05-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Have you checked that you are inline with other minders in your area?

Sorry but i would have no idea about your local charges.

:)

Cazz
05-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Sorry I'm not going to be a huge amount of help Stacey as I haven't started yet or set my own fees, but what I would comment on is that your hourly rates seem quite low (especially as you're including meals) - is that what others are charging in your area?

I'm going to check out what other minders charge and depending on what they are (£3.00 last time I looked), I may go 20p or so higher per hour as I think there is a demand in my town and also then I won't have to increase prices for a while, whereas they could all put theirs up in the next couple of months and I would be charging less but wouldn't like to increase soon after getting new mindees IYSWIM. I'm considering charging for meals as well and just providing snacks/drinks but haven't quite decided on that one yet :) .

I would just check other fees in your area first.

Carole x

mumof3
05-06-2008, 11:31 AM
************* told me the going rate is £3.00 ph in my area thats why i thought i would just go a bit lower for full time but charge £3.00 for part time. i just don't want to seem pricey to parents when i probably havent got the amount of resources as the other childminders in the area as im just starting out.
xx

katickles
05-06-2008, 11:35 AM
I wouldn't undercut as you will end up out of pocket, especially as you include your meals.

I don't charge different rates for full or part time, but do have a slight reduction for full day, IYSWIM.

I also include meals as thats what is done in my area.

Do you know if those in your area include there meals?

mumof3
05-06-2008, 11:53 AM
thanks for advice i'll change it to 3.00 per hr regardless of full or part time xx

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
05-06-2008, 06:45 PM
I would definietly change it as £2.75 with meals included does seem very low, so glad you have changed your mind and put it up to £3.00.

Good luck

Lorraine xx

FizzysFriends
05-06-2008, 06:48 PM
When we lived in Nuneaton and my DD was minded I used to pay £25 per day which included snacks plus £1 a day for a home cooked meal which I was happy to pay as the minder was great!

Alibali
05-06-2008, 07:08 PM
After school session can be 3 hours, so I would charge more that £5 for that, I stick to my hourly rate for the 3 hours as they are taking up the session ( not that I actually do after schoolers, but that is what I would do):)

A x

kellsbells
05-06-2008, 08:00 PM
I'm in Hertfordshire (just moved here) and I have no idea what other mindees charge in the area, I charge £5.00 an hour and I have 4 children on my books.

:)

brillminder
06-06-2008, 05:58 PM
yes check local rate don't sell your self cheap,then regret it - put 6 month review in contract incase you want to change stuff charges etc, look on http://www.*************.gov.uk/index.asp
to see if local minder have rates showing :) good luck
i do £3.50 per hour for full time & free meals ~school age £4.15 per hour curently full & overflowing lucky me :jump for joy: