PDA

View Full Version : Which ones are important? Scotland!

sprinkles
25-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Can anyone tell me which policies & procedures they have? I'm starting to think about putting them together. Just looking for the important ones then will introduce any other relevant ones when needed.

So far I've thought of fire procedure, health and safety policy, emergency procedure policy, discipline & behaviour policy, child protection policy, pet policy, complaints procedure, infection control, household cleaning routine.

I know there's probably really obvious ones I've forgotten though :rolleyes:

VeggieSausage
25-05-2012, 09:44 PM
safeguarding could cover a multitude of areas....

sprinkles
25-05-2012, 09:48 PM
safeguarding could cover a multitude of areas....

Like what? Sorry brain is frazzled today :o

sarah707
26-05-2012, 06:48 AM
http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=45805

This is a list of the required P & Ps :D

sprinkles
26-05-2012, 08:05 AM
http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=45805

This is a list of the required P & Ps :D

Fab, thank you :thumbsup:

Smiley
26-05-2012, 07:42 PM
If you read through the sections of the welfare requirements you will be sure that you have covered the legal requirements

sprinkles
26-05-2012, 09:13 PM
If you read through the sections of the welfare requirements you will be sure that you have covered the legal requirements

Where will I find that?

sarah707
27-05-2012, 07:32 AM
Where will I find that?

The welfare requirements are part of the EYFS which is the statutory document you must follow as a childminder.

you really ought to have a copy given to you by your LA when you first register - it's your legal requirements! :eek:

You will find the current - 2008 - version (and the new one) on the www.education.gov.uk website.

Hth :D

uf353432
27-05-2012, 08:04 AM
for those on Pinterest

i've added the following pin

http://pinterest.com/pin/107453141079726627/

pin it to share it around - if we get lots of people pinning it it might make the Pinterest email which highlights it to all users :)

sprinkles
27-05-2012, 09:39 AM
The welfare requirements are part of the EYFS which is the statutory document you must follow as a childminder.

you really ought to have a copy given to you by your LA when you first register - it's your legal requirements! :eek:

You will find the current - 2008 - version (and the new one) on the www.education.gov.uk website.

Hth :D

Thanks. I'm in Scotland so not sure if it's different? I don't think I got a copy with my SCSWIS registration stuff but will double check when I get home.

sarah707
27-05-2012, 09:45 AM
Thanks. I'm in Scotland so not sure if it's different? I don't think I got a copy with my SCSWIS registration stuff but will double check when I get home.

Ahhhh! I am sorry I have been answering your questions for the EYFS and England!

There is a Scotland section of the forum you might like to post in there and then our Scottish members are more likely to see it.

I will rename this post for you as well :D

Demonjill
31-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Hiya

Was there not a list of the compulsary policies on the SCSWIS application form?

I have lots and have added and reviewed mine since i started minding as things pop up that you only become aware of once you actually have mindees and are" living the life "so to speak

The care inspectorate are very up on working on partnership with parents so i have a policy on this - they also love their hygiene so another on this ( might have some of this in your health and safety?)

I also have one for:

Sick child
admin of medication
accident and incident
no smoking
transporting child
trampoline and large play equipment
Lost/missing child
closure of service (temp or perm)
admissions
dropping off and collection

as well as aall the ones you said

and loads of RA too:rolleyes:

sprinkles
31-05-2012, 10:22 PM
I didn't see a list of compulsory ones but I'll look again. I just saw the bit that asks you for statements but that was about independence, welfare etc.

Thanks, what do I all need RAs for?

Demonjill
01-06-2012, 07:20 AM
I didn't see a list of compulsory ones but I'll look again. I just saw the bit that asks you for statements but that was about independence, welfare etc.

Thanks, what do I all need RAs for?

I think from your posts the application form may have changed - when i did mine they were just changing from care com

So maybe there is no list now??

RAs for seperate outings eg park, farm etc as well as a RA for your house, garden, travelling in car etc

sprinkles
01-06-2012, 11:38 AM
I think from your posts the application form may have changed - when i did mine they were just changing from care com

So maybe there is no list now??

RAs for seperate outings eg park, farm etc as well as a RA for your house, garden, travelling in car etc

This could sound stupid but what do I all need in an RA? Does anyone have a sample one I could see please?

fionamal
01-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Hiya,

I will email you some of mine

curlyjo
01-07-2012, 02:05 PM
This reply might be a bit late, but I hope i still can help!

The policies that you need to cover are on p28 or the National Care standards, which is availiable online.

jo