PDA

View Full Version : Can you have too many...

SammyL
25-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Can you have too many policies??

I've been given advice from 2 different prespectives.

One childminder I know does the bare minimum & another does one for everything...I have looked around at the different sites & have found that the number of policies that are on a site called Bromley Childminding is a similar number to what I have (I wish i'd realised there was so much help out there!)

Can you be too cautious & have too many or is it a case of better safe than sorry?!?!

x

miffy
25-05-2012, 07:36 PM
I have nowhere near as many policies as there are on the Bromley site.

Miffy xx

zippy
25-05-2012, 07:49 PM
I'm mid way I suppose, I dont see any point in having loads if their not relevent to my business. If I find one is relevent in the future then thats when I would introduce it, if you have too many nobody will be interested in reading them in my eyes, however I too can see both sides.

sarah707
25-05-2012, 08:47 PM
I have the core policies and procedures - and then lots of information I share with parents depending on need :D

littlegremlins
30-05-2012, 11:12 PM
I try and keep policies to legal requirements and whatever may be necessary. A lot of the essentials are on my insurer's contract and my own policy would just serve to elaborate terms in any event. I think it would be easy to go mad and replace common sense with a policy.

miffy
31-05-2012, 06:26 AM
. I think it would be easy to go mad and replace common sense with a policy.

Very true! :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

Kiddleywinks
31-05-2012, 06:51 AM
I think it would be easy to go mad and replace common sense with a policy.

I agree, however, we are not in a position to assess how much common sense each parent has :laughing:
What's common sense to you may not be on a parent's radar :D

AliceK
31-05-2012, 11:45 AM
I have quite a few, 22 :blush:
I have learnt that everything has to be spelled out for a lot of parents and if they have copies of all my policies and have signed to say they have then they can't say they didn't know.
I just want to cover my bum IYSWIM

xxx

The Juggler
31-05-2012, 01:26 PM
i have about 15 - that's it. :)

singingcactus
31-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Yes. You can have too many.

pinkellifun
31-05-2012, 07:38 PM
I have quite a few, 22 :blush:
I have learnt that everything has to be spelled out for a lot of parents and if they have copies of all my policies and have signed to say they have then they can't say they didn't know.
I just want to cover my bum IYSWIM

xxx

I beat you:p, I have 36! :eek::laughing::blush:

I prefer to think of policies as my common sense policies. Just because I think its common sense that 'such and such' should happen, doesn't mean that parents will. I also prefer to have things in writing so that if something happens, I have it all in writing and nothing can come back and bite me.

You can have too many but it entirely depends on who you are as a person. ;)

SammyL
16-07-2012, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the replies.

I have 36 but would rather have too many than not enough - I just don't trust people to have common sense after reading your posts!

nipper
16-07-2012, 09:00 PM
I know someone who has 42...beat that!