PDA

View Full Version : Registration and Certificates

Jenna
24-05-2012, 08:22 AM
I was wondering if anyone could tell me roughly how long after they had their first inspection (pre registration) did they receive their CSSIW certificate. I was inspected back in March but yet still no sign of it. My inspector told me i was fine to start childminding and it would be sent through the post soon, i had contacted them twice about the issue but still no certificate i was wondering if this is normal.
Thanks

stargazer1
24-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Im waiting for mine too. A parent uses Kiddivouchers to pay but they wont authorise payments to me until they have seen a copy of my certificate which is a pain in the bottom. At the mo Mum is just paying me cash but I know its hard for her when shes got money sat in the fund waiting x

Rubybubbles
24-05-2012, 02:26 PM
no idea I know in England you could not work without it

tulip0803
24-05-2012, 06:58 PM
In Wales you can start minding with just your registration number which CSSIW should give you. It then takes a while for the certificate to come through as it has to "be sent off for translation" was what I was told by my inspector. Daft as most of the inspectors in my office are Welsh speaking but it has to go to Cardiff or somewhere and that is where the delays come from.

Doesn't help with vouchers though I am afraid:(

I was told about 5 weeks after my registration inspection that I was free to mind and they rang me with my reg number and then sent me a letter to say the certificate would follow.

debbie1
25-05-2012, 06:58 AM
Hi i waited for 4 weeks for mine if they can ask them to email you a copy till you get your through so you can claim vouchers xx:)

stargazer1
25-05-2012, 01:35 PM
aah thats a good idea Debbie, thanks, will email CSSIW now xx