PDA

View Full Version : Would like white playdough not Grey!

Dragonfly
23-05-2012, 12:36 PM
would like to do red, white and blue play dough but, my white always ends up grey:mad: any ideas people please?

Rubybubbles
23-05-2012, 12:41 PM
no idea my playdough always looks like cake mix colour lol!

Maybe (dare I say) just buy white lol!

ohh have a look on here www.theimaginationtree.com she has a huge range of playdough stuff, maybe on there:thumbsup:

singingcactus
23-05-2012, 12:41 PM
There is a white one using cornflour. Gives a different texture too. Will look and see if I can find the recipe.

zippy
23-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Try making cloud dough but with cornflour it's ace

Dragonfly
23-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Never heard of cloud dough Zippy what is it and how do you make it please?

I did think of buying white play dough but didnt know if the shops sell white on its own as i make playdough usually so dont usually look- but I may have too:)

miffy
23-05-2012, 07:16 PM
Our playgroup used to add paint instead of food colouring to play dough so you could try adding a bit of white paint.

Miffy xx

sarah707
23-05-2012, 08:21 PM
My friend Sarah who is a whiz with anything creative adds white paint :D

Playmate
23-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Many years ago (and believe me I mean many :rolleyes:) as an NNEB student, I used white powder paint and back to make black and white and it worked lovely except the black stained the children's hands :blush: I was very popular as you can imagine ;) White was good :D

zippy
23-05-2012, 09:37 PM
If you google it you should get a recipe, some are made with baby oil and corn flower there are alternatives to baby oil if your not keen on that, if you struggle to find a recipe pm me and I'll find it on laptop, it's a slightly different texture lighter but the kids love it.

Dragonfly
24-05-2012, 06:31 AM
Thank you all. I will try white ready mixed paint as no powder paint, but i sure I've tried that before. And i will google cloud dough thanks for all your help.

miffy
24-05-2012, 06:42 AM
Thank you all. I will try white ready mixed paint as no powder paint, but i sure I've tried that before. And i will google cloud dough thanks for all your help.

I think powder paint is better, when I tried it with ready mixed paint once it smelt awful and I had to chuck it away - might depend on the paint though.

Miffy xx